#FreeJJ

2,117 Views | 13 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by mallen
Duck Sausage
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG

#AlmostTime? Any hope for something this season? Thought that door was shut. Probably just reading into this too much with false hope. What say you?
hoya-ag
AG
He can start practicing soon is all I think.
Inca
AG
Yeah, I think that is referring to JJ being able to practice as soon as this semester is done.
bobinator
AG
That would be a pretty sweet twist if he was instantly eligible.
GoodAg Paulie
AG
bobinator said:

That would be a pretty sweet twist if he was instantly eligible.

A great Xmas present.
Method Man
Christmas
Pumpkinhead
AG
He can start practicing with team at end of next week. That was the NCAA ruling. But not eligible to play until next season.
Bondag
AG
Pumpkinhead said:

He can start practicing with team at end of next week. That was the NCAA ruling. But not eligible to play until next season.
If the concern was his academic eligibility, and he posts grades this semester that allow him to play basketball, why sit out the spring semester? The NCAA can be stupid sometimes.
txag614
I'm just hoping there's something happening behind the scenes that could allow JJ to play after this semester. I can wish.
Pumpkinhead
AG
At minimum, let's hope Caldwell destroys Hampton in practice all spring and Williams goes 'sweeeeeet....man, I gotta stay one more year to play with that.'

numetalbizkitaggie
AG
Maybe there is a process like UIL has. Maybe sit out until you meet the requirements or maybe an appeal was filed?
bingram1230
AG
If he has good grades this semester in college, when it matters more, I say the ncaa should take a 2nd look and let him play. I might be a little biased though.
mdanyc03
AG
Even though I know better I still keep thinking, what if, maybe it could happen.

The thought of this team with JJ is just too tantalizing.
bingram1230
AG
I agree , I just blindly hold out hope.
mallen
AG
From the film I've watched on JJ here are his top 3 attributes:

1. Court vision - never telegraphs passes; 3 steps ahead of what's happening on the court
2. Ball Handling - can weave through traffic with elite skill and uses body to position ball away from defenders
3. Body control - absorbs contact and finishes with precision around the rim

...but his most important attribute might be his personal character: persistent, mentally tough, and exudes a positive attitude which will make his teammates better.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.