BCG Retiring

7,481 Views | 41 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by Yell Practice
cevans_40
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
TXAggie2011 said:

rangerdanger said:

bobinator said:

I love BCG as much as the next person, but I don't think that's what "literally" means and I'm not sure why "real" is in quotes. Also FWIW BCG did inherit two guys who spent a few years in the NBA...

I love the guy, what he did here was incredible, but it's not like he took over a team from intramurals his first season.

Don't bust a brain cell Bob.

BCG's hard work mentality was too difficult for the under achievers at Tech and too grating for the divas at UK. The talent at A&M during his tenure was earned through hard work. I've read some articles, some I believe from TexAgs, talking about how strenuous practices were and his high expectations. To me that defines a real coach. Someone who gets every ounce of greatness from his players.
By "gets every ounce of greatness out of his players" you mean "except those times he didn't like at Tech and Kentucky."

Figuring out how to communicate and get through to college athletes is part of being a college coach. Personal relationships matter when you're directing a team, whether it be in the gym or the elsewhere. Kentucky and Texas Tech have well-known curmudgeons that did/are doing pretty well at those schools.

I hope he finds good health in his retirement and I wish him all the best.

^^^Doesn't like Sumlin. Doesn't like BCG. Who do you like? I am guessing Mack Brown and Rick Barnes.
Method Man
Can we have him play Mitch Cole's role or give him a spot?
Yell Practice
BCG !
MWR Admin
S
Hope you get well soon BG. BB still needs you
jml2621
PJYoung said:

jml2621 said:

It would be great to bring BCG in as an 'advisor." Saban has about 20...

I think that would be a terrible idea to be honest.
Did you watch today's game?
MsDoubleD81
AG
BCG!
Yell Practice
BCG would not work out as an advisor at Aggieland. His days at Aggieland are finished for sure.
Yell Practice
Work on your health BCG. Get well soon. !
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.