Lebron is a stud (did anyone else watch his 1st game)....

415 Views | 7 Replies | Last: 20 yr ago by
FluAggie
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
the kid just continues to amaze me. He was so poised and confident, yet really tried to fit in with the team concept. Score at will in the 1st quarter then didn't attempt a shot in the second quarter. Overall, he looked great and I think the Cavs will be a fun team to watch.

Is there a more overrated player in the NBA than Darius Miles? He has no game at all. He can jump and that is about it.

Anyway, last comment...I thought it was funny that ESPN left the overtime game to send it to Lebron's game. Man, everyone is taking advantage of him and he seems remarkably humble (all things considered) through it all.

Oh, and MAVS win too!!! Good night!!!
PatAg
AG
i watched the overtime game on espn, what espn do you get?
jackie childs
yeah, i got to see a large portion of the cavs/kings game. lebron did look good and showed a poise you wouldn't expect from a kid in his first nba game. thought he shared the ball well and played defense better than i expected. hopefully he'll start learning how to get to the line more. think he only attempted 3 free throws or something. that should come with experience though.

i didn't get to watch the spurs/nuggets game, but from the highlights, it appears as though carmelo played decently too. sure a spurs fan who watched the game can comment more fully on his game though.
Oblivious
I couldn't believe how composed LBJ was, considering a freshman would probably be nervous in his first college game. This guy was a freshman in his first nationally televised, heavily scrutinized, NBA game.

He will be better than Carmelo, although Anthony looked pretty good as well.
grego
AG
I want a redo on my rookie of the year pick. He was great. His stats were about in line with my expectations, but it was the way he got there that surprised me.

Very little forcing, played under control, unselfish basketball. He didn't play with any of the gangsta hype machine showboat flash that I expected.

At this point, I like the kid and the way he plays. Give me about 2 weeks of horrible commericals, NBA marketing garbage, increased cockiness, referee favoritism, etc and I'm sure I'll grow to dislike him.
FluAggie
AG
PatAg,

They ended up going back to the overtime game, but with all the hype they stayed with Lebron's game for the first couple of minutes. Anyway, I think Carmello will score more this year but I still think Lebron will win ROY because he will fill up the stat sheet in all areas. Can you imagine him playing football? I believe he was all-state in high school before he decided it was too risky to play anymore. What a huge target!!! I bet he just man handled DBs.
FluAggie
AG
One other thing....that Lebron commerical where everyone is silent and watching him was funny the first three times they showed it but I have a feeling that it is going to beat me down since they show it every commercial break. Hopefully they just showed it so much last night since it was Lebron's debut.
Guitarsoup
AG
I still think melo will win ROY.
Big Cat `93
AG
Paul Silas is the perfect guide for LeBron. NO was nuts to fire him.

And God said, "Welcome back, my friend."
He brought me back to life again.

http://www.spocksbeard.com
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.