shawn smith to lee college

8,691 Views | 53 Replies | Last: 9 yr ago by aggiebones
Pumpkinhead
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
quote:
Jalen Jones is 6/5 and will get toasted up front.

That was THE LOVER's (now known as Ben Diamond) quick analysis of the Jalen Jones commit when it happened. Another 'soft' recruiting pickup.

[This message has been edited by Pumpkinhead (edited 8/19/2014 9:22p).]
Ben Diamond
Isn't a 4 even though they will be forced to play him there. It's an annual tradition to hype work out warriors. I'm Ben Diamond.
Pumpkinhead
AG
quote:
I'm Ben Diamond.
mikesyracuse1
and you have BEEN Lover!

mikesyracuse1
twenty two ags
nm

[This message has been edited by twenty two ags (edited 8/19/2014 11:43p).]
Pumpkinhead
AG
Twenty two, LOVER once opined that the basketball program would take 'decades to recover' due to the damage done by Kennedy. Yep...decades.

[This message has been edited by Pumpkinhead (edited 8/19/2014 11:49p).]
Hop
Staff
AG
Well, I wasn't around last year to know what was said about Smith. But I'm pretty sure nobody knew that he would start being an attitude problem once his minutes decreased. If he had a desire to fight through his struggles and get better within the team, he would probably still be here and he'd be a better player.

jml2621
Yet, Smith averaged 22 mpg and started 17 of our games. Either BK and the staff can't evaluate players, can't develop them, or can't manage them.

quote:

Hop

People are overlooking the fact that Smith is a shooting guard that can't shoot and doesn't distribute.
jml2621
If Jalen is playing the 4 we're in trouble.

Trocha
Roberson
Jalen
Green
Caruso

I have hope that Robertson may still be ready, although he will be more useful next year to the new coach.
Ben Diamond
Unless things have changed Kennedy plans on Jones at the 4.
Pumpkinhead
AG
I expect we'll see Jalen Jones both at the 3 or 4 depending on matchups. Biggest concern right now with Jones is him having to sit until December and missing several non-con games (which Logan is saying is likely). If we do somehow win a game or two in November against some good opponents without Jalen, then my optimism for the season will get a big boost knowing Jalen should make the team even better. But Jalen being the most D1 experienced of the new players (other than House who will have to sit the entire year), and by all accounts a tough leader type, not having him available earlier stinks.

[This message has been edited by Pumpkinhead (edited 8/20/2014 7:25a).]
Ben Diamond
It's 100% likely. Jones was enrolled at SMU during the fall semester.
Pumpkinhead
AG
quote:
Major chance Trocha never plays here.

THE LOVER, TexAgs, Dec. 2013
XL2Win
I see "chance" ... not declared as a certainty. Did you really say Auburn couldn't beat us at Reed or did you say there was a minute chance that they would?

See how that works?

[This message has been edited by XL2Win (edited 8/20/2014 9:18a).]
Pumpkinhead
AG
quote:
Did you really say Auburn couldn't beat us at Reed

I predicted a win at home vs. Auburn, I predicted 2 losses vs Tennessee, I predicted that we'd win at least 1 game vs. Vandy, I predicted a loss at home vs. LSU.

I did predict loss vs Kentucky and home wins vs. Arky, Alabama, and Ole Miss...but I did not win my fantasy league..

This season, I will not be making any pre-game predictions. I suck at it!

Now...back to re-living some of LOVER'S greatest hits...and anyways why does it matter if we have some fun with a poster who has been banned and is not even posting on this thread?
Pumpkinhead
AG
quote:
Marquette will be in the NIT.

THE LOVER, 8:24pm 3/16/2014 on TexAgs (a couple of hours after the NIT brackets had been announced and Marquette didn't make it)

[This message has been edited by Pumpkinhead (edited 8/20/2014 9:53a).]
GrayMatter
AG
quote:
You do realize that most every poster on this board realizes the situation and what will happen upon the conclusion of next season, right? We don't need you to tell us in every thread how bad you think Kennedy is and derail every basketball discussion.

underrated post; for once lets talk about basketball.

Smith may have been more athletic I'll give you that, but I'll take Jordan Green any day because of his attitude.
Pumpkinhead
AG
Jordan Green is pretty athletic IMO. He has some nice looking dunks on his resume and has shown to be a pretty good perimeter defender (did a great job on Marshal Henderson when Ole Miss visited last season).

Smith may have been more so but Green ain't chopped liver in the athletic ability department. He just isn't the caliber of player that you want to be pulling heavy duty starter minutes IMO, but as a college role player he seems fine.
viva torrente
quote:
You do realize that most every poster on this board realizes the situation and what will happen upon the conclusion of next season, right?

What will happen upon the conclusion of next season?

Seriously, is this some texags coded way to say, "we know BK sucks but for whatever stupid reason the AD did not fire him last season, but they will do it this season."

Because that would fly in the face of the spin that says BK is a master turnaround artist and he is going to get it done here.

aggiebones
AG
Today seems like another positive step.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.