Cle-Tor Rumor

438 Views | 6 Replies | Last: 21 yr ago by
Guitarsoup
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Ricky Davis/Chris Mihm for Hakeem and the number 4 pick.

Give the Cavs more room to play LeBron and Chris Mosh and an ending K in Hakeem. Give the Raptors a real scorer and a tall stiff. Raptors want to get rid of more stupid Ks though.
Seven Costanza
AG
That would be great for Cleveland. I think that when you look back on this draft in 8 years, Chris Bosh will be the 2nd best player that came out of it. He's tall, athletic, smart, has a good outside shot, and has memorized Tim Duncan's book on post moves. His ability will really start to show if he is able to put on some serious muscle. I think that we'll start to see it in about 3 years.

You may be saying, "If Bosh ends up being the 2nd best of this group, then who did he leap-frog?" I'm not sure, but one of them is definitely Carmelo Anthony. I expect Melo to win ROY next year and then settle in to a nice little Antoine Walker/BigDog-like career. He just doesn't seem to be quick enough to be a superstar.

Toronto gets ripped, giving away a potential star for an idiot and a stiff.
Guitarsoup
AG
Seven - I completely agree with you about Melo and Bosh.

This wouldn't suprise me about Tor's front office. They aren't exactly the smartest guys in the world.
jmtamu
If CLE added Speedy, Lebron develops his pro game quickly, and they pull this trade, they could make the playoffs in the east in 2 years fairly easily.
Mikeyshooter
AG
quote:
I'm not sure, but one of them is definitely Carmelo Anthony. I expect Melo to win ROY next year and then settle in to a nice little Antoine Walker/BigDog-like career. He just doesn't seem to be quick enough to be a superstar.

yes, because carmelo can't get better. he has not self-discipline and will become lazy. you would know...

as for what we do know, melo took his team to the national title, something that no other lottery pick did. bosh could easily become the 2nd best player, but he could also easily become the worst player in the lottery.
eyemstoopid
I think Darko wins ROY. He will be contributing on a team that has a great shot of getting to the NBA finals (especially if Kidd leaves). I wish the Mavs could get him. You could have the Darko and Dirk combo ;-)
Seven Costanza
AG
re: Carmelo

Of course it's just speculation at this point, but I believe that he's is not quick enough to be a superstar. I didn't say anything about being lazy. Most players can refine their skills and put on weight as they get older, but you don't see these guys getting a whole lot quicker. Glenn Robinson also dominated college. Melo will follow his lead and be an all-star, not a superstar.
Guitarsoup
AG
Glenn RObinson and Danny Ferry both dominated college hoops. Both were tall, could shoot and drive in college, but were a step slow for the pros.

What do they say about Melo?
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.