Skipping down in long threads on App

1,163 Views | 3 Replies | Last: 10 mo ago by VAXMaster
CapCityAg89
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
SIAP. This is most common in game threads. And especially annoying on the baseball games. I'm reading through the thread and the app will occasionally just jump down multiple posts.

I thought it might be related to new posts updating at the bottom of the thread but I've noticed even on threads not currently very active. Maybe the loading process??
CapCityAg89
AG
Bump??
ooshwa
Staff
AG
This is typically caused by content loading in late (images, tweets, embeds, etc). We've tried a number of methods to minimize the impact but understand there are still some unwanted behaviors. We'll keep working it.
VAXMaster
AG
I finally gave up on using the app for following a game thread during the super regional because of this crazy jumping behavior. I would be surprised if it was caused by content loading earlier in the thread as it always seemed to jump down maybe 3 to 6 posts (whereas i would guess content loads would push the scroll one post at a time). The jumps are always far enough that it takes effort to figure out where you left off. Never had an issue in the browser.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.