TexAgs Tech Support

944 Views | 10 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Gary79Ag
Gary79Ag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Please check out my issue I addressed on Premium and provide any insight as to what I need to do to resolve the issue...Thanks In Advance!!!

Help, got an issue with Tweets not showing in posts, ARGH!!!
aka The Lavaca County Legend
redline248
AG
Did TexAgs update something with how Twitter embeds? I actually can't get Instagram embeds to show up properly, either.
ooshwa
Staff
AG
No, we have not changed anything with Twitter embeds in many, many months.
redline248
AG
Why does Chrome hate them
ooshwa
Staff
AG
I would try the following:

• Temporarily disable all your Chrome extensions. There's even an extension to do this conveniently.
  • Restart chrome. Just closing window doesn't do this. Type chrome://restart in the address bar

Now check for twitter embeds. Any luck?
redline248
AG
So, it definitely appears to be my adblocker. Doing your steps allowed twitter and instagram to load properly. If I turn my adblocker back on and restart, they quit working again.

Any tips on using the adblocker AND being able to view embeds?
redline248
AG
Turns out it was not my ad blocking extension, but duckduckgo extension. I guess it recently updated and turned off allow twitter embeds on its own? I certainly didn't do it.

edit: I don't see any option in duckduckgo to allow instagram, though, and those still won't work on TA
ooshwa
Staff
AG
redline248 said:

edit: I don't see any option in duckduckgo to allow instagram, though, and those still won't work on TA

so even with all extensions disabled, you don't see the instagram post at the top of this thread?
redline248
AG
ooshwa said:

redline248 said:

so even with all extensions disabled, you don't see the instagram post at the top of this thread?
If I disable everything, yes the IG posts show up. It's the duckduckgo extension that is blocking them, and I don't see a way in that extension to allow like there is for twitter.
ooshwa
Staff
AG
i see. i'll let you take that up with duckduckgo
Gary79Ag
AG
ooshwa said:

I would try the following:

• Temporarily disable all your Chrome extensions. There's even an extension to do this conveniently.
  • Restart chrome. Just closing window doesn't do this. Type chrome://restart in the address bar

Now check for twitter embeds. Any luck?
I tried this and no change so I rebooted my laptop and everything appears to be back to normal (fingers crossed). Thanks!
aka The Lavaca County Legend
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.