Staff - Are bots allowed?

1,082 Views | 2 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by terradactylexpress
an_interesting_username
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I've been thinking about making a remindme bot. For those familiar with Reddit, it would be similar to the one there. The purpose is that it would let you set reminders about certain posts at user defined intervals.

A practical example is when a poster says "if we beat bama, I will get 'Calzada is my daddy tatoo'd on my ***'". You could set a reminder for after the game and the bot would dm you the post contents letting you know to look back on that post. I think it would be a fun addition to the forums, but I don't want to pursue this if it is against the rules. I don't see anything explicitly against this in the terms on the help page, but wanted to clarify before I look into it.
Al Bula
AG
Not a bad suggestion. Makes me wonder what the texags forum software roadmap looks like. Since this is a commercial product sold to other fan communities, sure seems like there's an opportunity to keep innovating. Maybe it has already been discussed and found to not be worth it or cost prohibitive based on the talent available to the owners now… or their willingness to put money into something that works well enough.
terradactylexpress
https://texags.com/account/profile/265495
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.