How to imbed a video?

757 Views | 6 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by McInnis
McInnis
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I can't get this right. I can post a link to a youtube video, but how do I imbed it so the video shows when my post is opened. Do I need to import the video into my imgur gallery? I can't figure out how to do that.

It's taken me years but I can finally post an image but this video thing is too hard. Please help me!
ooshwa
Staff
AG
Can you post a link to the YouTube video in this thread as an example that I can help you with?
McInnis
AG
Go Go Astros

Thank you offering to help. This is one I recently posted. But I wanted the viewer to see the video when he opens my post and just click the arrow to watch it. I see a lot of videos like that posted on TexAgs. If I try to use the little monitor icon, nothing happens. My post will just be blank.
ooshwa
Staff
AG
When you are viewing the video on YouTube, there is a "Share" button that will give you a "shareable" link. If you simply paste this link into your post, our system will embed the video automatically.

For your example, the link is: https://youtu.be/JvSXJ4_g228

Which results in:

McInnis
AG
OK, I clicked on the share button and copied the link (I made sure the url was the same as the one you showed me) but when I pasted it here I still get nothing. I used the little monitor icon. Was that right?
ooshwa
Staff
AG
No, you don't have to use any buttons/icons, just paste the link in your post.

If you're on desktop, you can also use the YouTube button (the red one, with the play button), and it will help you post the link as well.
McInnis
AG
McInnis
AG
Got it! Thank you kindly ooshwa.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.