desktop version - can read but not post and can't see right sidebar

1,067 Views | 5 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by ooshwa
JasonD2005
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I can post on mobile just fine, but my desktop version is all forked up.

I can read all content including forums and threads, but I when I click reply within a thread, it just takes me to the top of the topic and does not open up the text box. Also I can't see the POTDs or shortcuts to staff content in the right sidebar, and the pop-up forum index does not, well, pop up. I have to click "Forums" from a topic to get to the forum index.

And my browser is not giving me a notification that a pop up has been blocked, and therefore I don't have the option to allow pop ups. I added texags manually to the "allow" list in pop ups, no dice.

Oh, this only Inn Chrome. Other browsers work. But I don't like other browsers.
ooshwa
Staff
AG
As Chrome is by far the most tested and used desktop browser on TexAgs, you mostly likely have a plugin/extension causing havoc. I'd disabled them all and re-enable them one-by-one until you find the guilty party.
JasonD2005
AG
I only had three extensions and they were all Google. I recently got a new machine so probably all that crap started fresh. But TexAgs worked fine for the first couple of weeks with the new machine.
JasonD2005
AG
Sorry should've made it clear: I did disable all the extensions and the problem is still occurring.
ooshwa
Staff
AG
Try it in an incognito window, and force a "hard refresh" with Ctrl+Shift+R
JasonD2005
AG
Well, I opened up an incognito session, and everything works in incognito (I didn't have to do anything special). But I tried the hard refresh, and it still doesn't work in a regular browser session. Should I just try to reinstall Chrome?
ooshwa
Staff
AG
If you've already tried disabling all extensions, then yes, a reinstall could help.

Also, if you have any anti-virus software that's filtering web content, you might try temporarily disabling it, or white-listing TexAgs
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.