Tweets aren't showing up in Chrome desktop

2,833 Views | 13 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by Stupe
redline248
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I have a feeling this may be an issue unique to me, but...

No embedded tweets are showing up on the desktop version of the site, in chrome browser. I tested in Microsoft Edge and the same pages loaded the tweets. This just started happening last night.

Chrome says it's up to date:
Version 68.0.3440.106 (Official Build) (64-bit)
redline248
AG
Still hoping for some help on this
Stressboy
AG
I've got the same problem.
lucid
AG
Do you have an ad blocker running? Those will sometimes block Twitter embeds.

Another thing could be your cookie settings in Chrome. Here's what mine look like:
redline248
AG
My cookie settings are the same as yours, and I don't think I have any ad blocking (other than whatever chrome has built in). Basically, I haven't changed anything as far as ad blocking or in the browser in a while...and this just started on like Sunday.
lucid
AG
Very strange. Out of curiosity, if you navigate to the mobile site (link at the bottom of the page), do they show up?
redline248
AG
Nope. They do work on my phone on the mobile version.

Also, if I switch to desktop version on my phone they also work.
Stressboy
AG
lucid said:

Very strange. Out of curiosity, if you navigate to the mobile site (link at the bottom of the page), do they show up?
I'm having the problem on Desktop Chrome but the embeds DO work on the mobile version inside Chrome desktop.
Stressboy
AG
Stressboy said:

lucid said:

I'm having the problem on Desktop Chrome but the embeds DO work on the mobile version inside Chrome desktop.
Ignore that they are not working in either version. Went to a thread with a screenshot of a tweet.
Stressboy
AG
Tweets show up in Edge and Firefox but don't actually play. Everything working great in Opera.

This forum was having similar issues and mine does work in incognito but I don't have avast.

http://www.redcafe.net/threads/embedded-tweets-no-longer-displaying-in-my-chrome.381115/
Stressboy
AG
OK SOLVED IT for me and probably the other anti-googlers.

If you have the Duck Duck Go extension it blocks some tracking and they seemed to have added a feature to turn off embedded tweets.

1. Click on the Duck Duck Go Icon on the toolbar.
2. From the options click on "Manage Whitelist"
3. Turn on the "Show Embedded Tweets"
lucid
AG
Thanks for sharing!

redline248, any chance you have the same extension?

redline248
AG
Yes. Unbelievable. Thanks lucid and stress boy.

Tweets are working again
slappy
AG
I had the same problem - I disabled the Firefox tracking for this site, and poof, now I can see tweets embedded again.
Stupe
S
I was having this same issue and a bunch of searches didn't give me any answers other than "reset Chrome" using Google. The only reason that I was using Google was because it was a Chrome issue.

One search on Duck Duck Go and this thread was on page one.

Quick lesson: Try either the TA Nerdery or Tech Support first next time I have a computer issue.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.