Mobile glitches?

1,834 Views | 20 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by GeorgiAg
Psych
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
It seems like I'm having issues getting the mobile version responding to my touch. Like I'll click on "forums" or the star and nothing will happen until I refresh the page. Doesn't appear to be my phone and only happens on TexAgs and not the other sites I frequent.

Has anyone else had this issue?
Cepe
AG
I've noticed this with mobile safari. It happens when there is an embedded YouTube video on the page. Specifically if you play one but sometimes just being on the page causes it it.

The screen goes completely dead to touch everywhere except the hard reload in the address bar.
Psych
AG
I'll have to see if that's the case. I know for sure that you don't have to click on the video to freeze up the buttons.

Hopefully watchole chimes in soon.
lucid
AG
Thanks for the info. I haven't been able to reproduce this yet, but I'll play around with it more when I get back to the office tomorrow.
Cepe
AG
lucid said:

Thanks for the info. I haven't been able to reproduce this yet, but I'll play around with it more when I get back to the office tomorrow.

I notice it a lot on the JFF thread on premium and on the Mueller thread on politics when there are YouTube videos embedded. Hope that helps.
Cepe
AG
Also try playing a video and coming back to the thread
Psych
AG
Cepe said:

Also try playing a video and coming back to the thread

Yep. Especially after playing a video in the thread.
Psych
AG
Any luck? It seems to happen when you spend time to read some of the posts. If you get on one of these threads with the videos and immediately try to go to the next page, the buttons seem to work.
lucid
AG
Psych said:

Any luck? It seems to happen when you spend time to read some of the posts. If you get on one of these threads with the videos and immediately try to go to the next page, the buttons seem to work.
No luck, yet. I haven't tried sticking around on the page yet, so I'll try that.
Psych
AG
Any luck? It's happening most of the time now. At least on mobile it is.

Click on the thread linked below. Watch the video posted by Aggierogue a few posts down (just watch it in the thread, don't go over to twitter to watch it.)

Then scroll down and try to hit "forums" to get back. That's what's not working. You can also try to star posts and that doesn't work either, but that's minor compared to getting back to the thread.

https://texags.com/forums/5/topics/2962827

You may have to hang out on the thread for a few mins because I tried to do it again quickly and it didn't get stuck.
lucid
AG
Still no luck.

I've probably tried 50+ attempts, waiting various times on the page.

I've been testing on iPhone 8, iOS 11. Any chance you're on a different version of iOS?
Psych
AG
Just an older phone. 6s
Rudyjax
AG
When I click on the last reply viewed it goes to the top of the page.
lucid
AG
Psych said:

Just an older phone. 6s
I was able to get an iPhone 6s emulator working, running Safari. Still no luck. The emulator was really slow, so it was hard to test it thoroughly though.

I just remembered I've got an older iPhone laying around somewhere. I'll try it out on that.
lucid
AG
Unthought Known said:

When I click on the last reply viewed it goes to the top of the page.
Is this still happening? We received another report about this, but it cleared up for them after a couple hours.
Rudyjax
AG
I think so. It was doing it big time on staff articles.
Eskimo D. Walker
AG
Gigem314
AG
HHI'm having trouble getting the mobile version to come up. It suddenly switched to desktop.
Eskimo D. Walker
AG
https://imgur.com/gallery/tqE0n3C
Eskimo D. Walker
AG
https://imgur.com/gallery/tqE0n3C
Eskimo D. Walker
AG
GeorgiAg
AG
none for mr
Yeah, yeah, I voted for this. :(
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.