Search Function Not Working

1,049 Views | 3 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by VaultingChemist
VaultingChemist
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I have tried using the search function for a word posted by a specific username. The search comes back empty, even though I can see a recent post with the specific word.

What is the problem?
lucid
AG
How recent is the post?

There's about a 45 minute delay after posting before something shows up in the search.
VaultingChemist
AG
lucid said:

How recent is the post?

There's about a 45 minute delay after posting before something shows up in the search.
Posting was at least 8 hours old.
lucid
AG
Having trouble reproducing this. Do you mind sharing with me the search term and what's not showing up?

You can PM me if you'd like.
VaultingChemist
AG
lucid said:

Having trouble reproducing this. Do you mind sharing with me the search term and what's not showing up?

You can PM me if you'd like.
I think I figured it out. If my iPad fills in the username, the search won't recognize the username. My iPad puts a space after the username, which is recognized as a part of the username.

After some experimentation, it appears that when using the username filter, if you add a space after the username, the search will not work. "Liucci" works but "Liucci " won't.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.