Think y'all might have a memory leak

1,564 Views | 7 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by GarlandAg2012
bluefire579
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Over the past couple of days, I've had an issue where Texags starts going super slow. When I bring up task manager, I find one of my Chrome processes using over 2GB of system memory (normally, the processes run from 200MB-500MB). When I kill it, the Texags tab is killed while other tabs are kept intact. After killing and reloading, it goes back to a normal level.

It's happened over the past two days, both times after going back and forth across a few different forums and posts. Not sure if it's the site itself or one of the tabs, but definitely not something I'm seeing in any of my other tabs.

Can provide more info if needed.

Edit: Did a little test, and after going between about 4 different forums, clicking on a topic in each one, the process memory jumped from about 600MB to over 1GB. Just sitting on this screen, it ticked up about 10MB or so
Bregxit
AG
If you are using Adblock Plus it is probably that. Had the same problem with it months ago.
bluefire579
AG
I'm actually not using Adblocker currently, so it can't be that. I wonder if maybe a different program though...
lucid
AG
Thanks for the information. It's most likely coming from ads on the sites. We'll look into it.
GarlandAg2012
AG
Having the same issue. Chrome also giving me a "This site is trying to run unauthenticated scripts". Memory issue is happening on multiple machines on multiple browsers.
Burdizzo
AG
I have been having similar issues with Firefox but had not been able yet to trace it to TexAgs. I had originally thought it was Facebook, but that didn't seem to be it.
Bregxit
AG
Bumpity bump.

Seems I am now having this issue as well. TexAgs tab in Chrome was barely functional. I checked task manager and it was utilizing over 2GB of memory. Killed it and reloaded and it is good for now.
Post removed:
by user
GarlandAg2012
AG
Seems to be popping up again for me on Chrome. Browser runs fine, starts to bog down, close the TexAgs tab and memory usage is cut in half and performance returns.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.