New Poster Ranking

1,556 Views | 6 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by ooshwa
Sponge
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
It really grinds my gears when I see someone that has a higher blue star ranking than me, but has 100K posts. People that post so frequently are of course more likely to get more blue stars than someone with 1K posts. However, they might only have a few more blue stars. That means that their average post is of much lower quality.
We could have a ranking that is based upon the ratio of blue stars per post. This would be similar to impact factors in scientific journals. The denominator would just need to have a lower limit to prevent skewed ratings for rookies.
Schrute Farms
CanyonAg77
AG
I'm curious how the ranking works. Apparently, I have 1.23 times as many blue stars as I do posts. I don't think that's possible, as the star ranking is only a few months old, and I've been here since 2000. Does anyone know how they figure it, because I know for sure I don't have that many starred posts.
Pro Sandy
AG
Your plan would punish the older posters who have been posting here long before blue stars existed.
Living Legend
AG
Is there somewhere that lists the Poster level hierarchy? I can't seem to find it anywhere.
ooshwa
Staff
AG
CanyonAg77 said:

I'm curious how the ranking works. Apparently, I have 1.23 times as many blue stars as I do posts. I don't think that's possible, as the star ranking is only a few months old, and I've been here since 2000. Does anyone know how they figure it, because I know for sure I don't have that many starred posts.
it is total number of blue stars received. meaning, you can received multiple blue stars per post.
ooshwa
Staff
AG
Living Legend said:

Is there somewhere that lists the Poster level hierarchy? I can't seem to find it anywhere.
https://texags.com/help/faq
ooshwa
Staff
AG
Sponge said:

It really grinds my gears when I see someone that has a higher blue star ranking than me, but has 100K posts. People that post so frequently are of course more likely to get more blue stars than someone with 1K posts. However, they might only have a few more blue stars. That means that their average post is of much lower quality.
We could have a ranking that is based upon the ratio of blue stars per post. This would be similar to impact factors in scientific journals. The denominator would just need to have a lower limit to prevent skewed ratings for rookies.
We have some additional methods of recognition in the works that will recognize quality contributors. While I understand your argument, the rank is to measure overall contribution to the community (this includes volume), not just average merit of users' posts.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.