Terrible User Experience using MS Edge

1,186 Views | 2 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by Al Bula
Maroon Skittles
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Ever since the new forum layout was rolled out, I have had absolutely terrible UX while browsing the forums of Texags. For the record, I own a Surface Pro 1, Surface Pro 2, and Surface Pro 4. I absolutely love the brand and it has been steadily increasing market share.

Surface Pro comes loaded with Edge as the default browser. Using Edge, I experience constant issues when browsing the forums. There are several types of issues encountered, including:

• Page freezes and the browser time outs with a popup asking to "Recover Webpage?". Clicking yes, reloads the page and you can continue until the next issue occurs
  • Page freezes with "Long Running Script" popups where the browser asks if you want to wait for the script to finish executing or cancel it altogether
  • Page freezes with no popups but hyperlinks aren't clickable for 30+ seconds despite repeatedly pressing them
  • Situations where hyperlinks are definitely visible and appear when selected, however the clicks when pressed with a finger do not always register and have to be pressed / clicked multiple times to take effect

I do not have an ad blocker installed. Before you guys say it is entirely the browser's fault, know that Reddit works without issues. I can use the same browser across all three machines I own and not have any issues when browsing Reddit. Texags has tons of issues. Drudge Report has no issues. Texags, lots of issues. Fox News, no issues. Texags, tons of issues.

Three different machines all running Microsoft Edge and all three experience the same issues. For the record, typing this message has not experienced any issues. It appears to happen when browsing, clicking hyperlinks, hitting the back button, loading pages with Ads maybe on the forum, etc. Other websites do not experience the same problems.

What steps can you take to improve the user experience of this site?

And no, I would rather not install Chrome or Firefox or anything else. Edge is actually an innovative browser with some really nifty new features that I take advantage of regularly.

Thanks.

Edit; For what it is worth, browsing in IE is even worse.
EMY92
AG
I use both Edge & Chrome. Edge sucks on more than Texags. It's bad on many sites.
cr

I also have problems with Edge. The user entry screen is bizarre; navigation does not work like it should.

For example, you hit "enter", and the cursor does not line feed. It places a new line below because you can then arrow down.

Id really like to use Edge if possible.

Al Bula
AG
Edge still sucks dick despite MS pushing it. chrome and even I.E. are better.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.