Podcasts/Media Player

1,792 Views | 12 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by ooshwa
Ezra Brooks
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I'm having an issue with the Media Player dropping out after 5-6 minutes.....every time.

It happens when I stream the video and the audio only link.

I'm on an HTC Android phone.
ooshwa
Staff
AG
hmm. we'll look into it. thanks for the heads up.
true.maroon
AG
I have the same issue. Android phone, after about 5 - 6 minutes it all just stops. I have found that the issue goes away with a different browser from my default Google Chrome.

Could the issue be with the Google Chrome browser?
Ezra Brooks
AG
I used to stock browser on my phone yesterday to listen to the Beluicci Hour without any issues, so it may well be an issue with Chrome.

I did clear my cache on Chrome when I first started getting dropped, but that didn't seem to have any effect.
Ezra Brooks
AG
Any progress here? I'm still having issues listening to TexAgs media via Chrome.
ooshwa
Staff
AG
I'm afraid we have not been able to recreate the issue, even with Google Chrome on Android. Could you give your phone model numbers and Android OS version? Also could you make sure you don't have any pending updates to Chrome?
true.maroon
AG
Same issues. The other browsers are burning through my data at an unfortunate rate, so I am hoping Chrome becomes an option again.

Phone model # - Samsung Galaxy S7 (SM-G930V)
Android OS version - 6.0.1 (problem started in previous version, just updated to this version on 09/07/16)

Thanks,
Ezra Brooks
AG
I don't see any Chrome updates pending.

Phone Model - HTC One M8
Android OS Version - 5.0.2
true.maroon
AG
Spent a good part of the morning researching this. It could be one of several things, likely it is Chrome blocking / crashing due to the Flash content. As a last-ditch effort - I downloaded Chrome Beta from the Google Play store. **Fingers crossed** it is working so far. I am testing it connected to WiFi right now, works fine. I will turn off WiFi in a bit to see if it has any effect. Hope this helps!
ooshwa
Staff
AG
roger. you should be able to turn off flash all together and the video will play in HTML5 mode.
Kman80
AG
Are there other apps to download the podcasts? I have Android platform and itunes have been a pain to transfer podcasts. Have not been able to listen to 3 hour morning shows since Android update to 6.01. Really sucks.
VegasAg98
AG
Any solution to this? I'm having the same problem and missing the radio shows
redline248
AG
Not sure if this is related to the original post, but I think it's close enough I don't want to start another topic. I'm getting errors frequently when watching videos on desktop (windows pc, chrome browser). It usually happens part way through a video, or right as the site ends one video and loads the next video in line. (press conference days in particular).

Here is a screen shot with the error:

ooshwa
Staff
AG
This particular error is most likely a Flash issue. Could you make sure flash is up to date.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.