Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

City/ Town Specific Foods

1,148 Views | 18 Replies | Last: 2 days ago by ConstructionAg01
rooftop18403
How long do you want to ignore this user?
In the past week I had hot links from Pittsburg and kolaches from West. What are your favorite city/ town specific foods?
NColoradoAG
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Favorites:
Detroit - Detroit Style Pizza
Chicago - Italian Beef
Miami - Cuban Sandwich

Least Favorite:
Cincinnati- Skyline Chili
Nashville- Hot Chicken
TXAG 05
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Wouldn't consider kolaches to be West specific since they are central Texas thing
ThatOneGuy
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Breakfast tacos - Austin

Just to see the world burn
FarmerJohn
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
San Antonio is the birthplace to a number of classics since adopted nationwide.

- Chili con carne
- puffy tacos
- Fritos
HTownAg98
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Medina County, TX - Parisa.
FIDO*98*
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG



Santa Fe - Stacked red chile enchiladas. Objectively the best enchiladas
HTownAg98
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Decatur, Alabama - Alabama white sauce chicken.

I've made this at home, partly because the recipe is available online. I did not care for it. The sauce tasted how bandaids smell.
Mathguy64
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
New Orleans.

Tons to choose from. I'll offer BBQ shrimp. A bowl of those with hot bread to sop the sauce and a sazerac at Mr Bs Bistro is damn fine stuff.
Mathguy64
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
HTownAg98 said:

Decatur, Alabama - Alabama white sauce chicken.

I've made this at home, partly because the recipe is available online. I did not care for it. The sauce tasted how bandaids smell.


I've made it and I've had a bottle of the original from Big Bob Gibsons. I'm not a fan.
Bruce Almighty
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Mathguy64 said:

New Orleans.

Tons to choose from. I'll offer BBQ shrimp. A bowl of those with hot bread to sop the sauce and a sazerac at Mr Bs Bistro is damn fine stuff.


For me, it's chargrilled oysters
Bruce Almighty
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Houston and fajitas
Larry S Ross
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Piedras Negras, Mexico. Where Nachos were invented. In Nacho's Restaurant. They were very simple in those days. Home made chips and a little cheese topped w a little sliced jalapeño. Just a small plate they brought to the table when you sat down.

Edit. An old friend from the area down there reminded me Nacho was actually working at another restaurant when he came up with Nachos. This was before he opened his own restaurant in the 50's.
AggieFlyboy
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
FIDO*98* said:




Santa Fe - Stacked red chile enchiladas. Objectively the best enchiladas


Nope, still subjective
waryman
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
waryman
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Mathguy64 said:

New Orleans.

Tons to choose from. I'll offer BBQ shrimp. A bowl of those with hot bread to sop the sauce and a sazerac at Mr Bs Bistro is damn fine stuff.


For me it is a muffuletta. And then a stroll across the street for cafe au lait and beignets.
TXAG 05
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
AggieFlyboy said:

FIDO*98* said:




Santa Fe - Stacked red chile enchiladas. Objectively the best enchiladas


Nope, still subjective


New Mexico Mexican food might be the most overrated cuisine out there
Bulldog73
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I've tried the green chile pork at probably a dozen places & tried my own hand at it. Each time, I walk away disappointed.
ConstructionAg01
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
It was already said, but second for BBQ shrimp from Mr. B's Bistro in NO.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1
 
×
subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.