Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

New Nespresso Vertuo Owner: Tips, Tricks, Traps

995 Views | 10 Replies | Last: 11 days ago by Chipotlemonger
Mark Fairchild
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Howdy, got tired of my same ole coffee, thought I would try something new and possibly exciting (at my age nearly anything new is exciting). So, figured I would stop in here before the thing is even unboxed and ask any of y'all that happen to own one your Tips, Tricks, and Traps for this coffee maker. Anything good, bad or indifferent that I need to know prior to firing it up. Read the good, the bad and the ugly reviews on Amazon prior to purchase and it seems OK, just checking with the smart Ag's here on what to look for or lookout for.

Thanks!
Gig'em, Ole Army Class of '70
Jackal99
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Which Vertuo machine did you get? I've had a Vertuo for a few years, that replaced another Vertuo that stopped working. Coffee is good, and I love the options. However, the coffee has gotten more expensive the past few years, to the point that I bought a $20 5-cup drip maker (more like 2 large cups) and just use that every morning. I still use the Vertuo for a quick cup here and there, but not nearly as much. I may have some spare pods sitting around that I can send you so you can sample a few varities.
Mark Fairchild
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Howdy, got the Verttuo Plus, first use today, so far so good, still learning. Sure send anything you got, Thanks!

PM Sent
Gig'em, Ole Army Class of '70
ETX Ag 97
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Maybe take out a home equity loan to pay for the coffee pods…..Joking!

I have one that I don't use that often. It is a different taste of coffee than I am used to drinking. I mainly use my Keurig or pour over for regular coffee. If you haven't already, buy a variety pack of pods to figure out what you like. The taste between different pods can vary quite a bit. You can go super strong & bitter or light and mellow. It does smell really good when brewing!
chet98
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Have had one for years and can tell you that we like the Starbucks pods better than the standard Nespresso pods so that's all we buy now.
AustinCountyAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Jackal99 said:

Which Vertuo machine did you get? I've had a Vertuo for a few years, that replaced another Vertuo that stopped working. Coffee is good, and I love the options. However, the coffee has gotten more expensive the past few years, to the point that I bought a $20 5-cup drip maker (more like 2 large cups) and just use that every morning. I still use the Vertuo for a quick cup here and there, but not nearly as much. I may have some spare pods sitting around that I can send you so you can sample a few varities.


this when I got mine years ago pods were same, or possibly a tad cheaper than Keurig's....seemed like a few years after covid prices got absurd and I went back to regular drip coffee. I couldn't justify spending ten bucks a day on nespresso pods.
chet98
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Holy crap how much coffee do you drink? Caveat I have no idea how much the pods cost as my wife buys. We each drink one per day then I may drink more at work (company coffee maker)
txagkyle
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
We use these things so we don't buy pods all the time.
https://ecopodcoffee.com/products/reusable-vertuo-pod-for-all-nespresso-vertuo-machines

It's kind of a pain to make one every time you want a cup of coffee but it lets you buy whatever coffee you want.

I have a Breville Vertuo machine. It works ok most of the time but the pump loses prime if the tank gets low and it's a pain to get it to re-prime. But the coffee is really good!
Widgetlover
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I have the virtuoso pop +.
I was in the mall of America in minni and went into the Nespresso store. They let you try all the flavors and it's set up like the Apple Store.
They also let me know my particular Nespresso allows you to double tap (TWSS) the start button and it makes double sespresso of whatever pod you have:
https://www.tastingtable.com/1503727/nespresso-hack-double-shot-espresso/
amanda04
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
chet98 said:

Have had one for years and can tell you that we like the Starbucks pods better than the standard Nespresso pods so that's all we buy now.


I have had the opposite experience. I tried both the Starbucks Pumpkin Spice and the Christmas blend pods last year and I felt they both had a bad aftertaste. I've switched to exclusively Nespresso brand pods and have enjoyed all of them.
Chipotlemonger
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Maybe try a standard far pod from Starbucks, not something flavored or spiced.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1
 
×
subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.