Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

Pastalaya

1,152 Views | 3 Replies | Last: 1 mo ago by FIDO*98*
DBird
How long do you want to ignore this user?
So this past spring break we ate at Katie's Seafood in Galveston, I know... I know... the disdain many have for the establishment. I ordered the pastalaya from there and it is amazing. I've tried to recreate this dish using recipes online and haven't had much luck. The food comes out good but not great. Does anyone have recipes or recommendations for this dish.
Pabby
AG
I've had good luck with this guys recipes:

https://www.sweetdaddy-d.com/pastalaya/
jellycheese
AG
This is my mom's simple version of what she calls Chicken and Andouille Pasta. Substitute whatever meat or seasonings you like. Can be elevated a million ways. For pasta, I prefer farfalle or penne. Not a fan of spaghetti style noodles but I don't judge.

2 or so tablespoons oil
2 lbs. Chicken. I just used a rotisserie chicken and measured 2 lbs. (or more)
1 lb of andouille or other sausage
8 oz sliced mushrooms (or more)
1 onion
2 sticks celery
1 bell pepper
4 cloves garlic
1 Tablespoons flour
1 quart heavy cream
1 tablespoon Slap Ya Mama (I think that is how much I used. Maybe start with 2 teaspoons and add more if you need.
1 shake of cayenne pepper
1/2 cup parmesan cheese, or more
1 lb cooked pasta your choice.

Slice and brown sausage in oil, and set aside. Chop and lightly brown chicken if not using rotisserie and set aside.
Saute veggies until wilted and soft.
Add mushrooms and saute until soft
Add Slap your Mama
Add flour and stir until well combined. (This will help thicken the sauce a little)
Add cream and simmer on low until starts to thicken. This will take awhile.
Add chicken and sausage and continue to cook until sauce is thick to your liking
Add cheese
Add cooked pasta.
If too thick, add milk or pasta water.
FIDO*98*
AG
^
Mines close to this, but I use twice the flour and half the cream. I also add red bell pepper and about a Tbls of Paul Prudhomme Blacken Magic then finish with about a Tablespoon of Franks and Woo sauce and chopped parsley + sliced green onions
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.