Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

Parlour donuts

1,431 Views | 9 Replies | Last: 22 days ago by Irish 2.0
62strat
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Just had one of these, damn is it good. I kinda want to try a plain one w/o toppings next.

https://www.parlordoughnuts.com/locations

Not sure if anyone else does these 'layered donuts'
Marauder Blue 6
AG
I buy one every Friday morning for my manager at work. She usually offers me a bite of hers to sample if I ask. I've never had a whole one but the minis are good. They remind me of a fried croissant. I've bought almost every flavor. The Houston location has a local "cafe sua dua" Vietnamese coffee flavor that is good.
Max Power
AG
We have one not far away from our house and probably hit it up once a month. The french toast donut is my favorite, tried others but I keep coming back to that one. They have decent breakfast tacos as well, which is nice since I live in the Midwest and I usually have to make them on my own if I want some.
justnobody79
maybe i've been drinking but the one on the top right looks like a baby bird
Marauder Blue 6
AG
I see a face on it
htxag09
AG
There's one by my son's daycare. I like it, I think it's my favorite of the gourmet type donuts. And didn't realize they were that large of a chain.

But I still would just prefer a Shipley's warm glazed.
WES2006AG
AG
There is one of these walking distance from me that seems to be pretty popular but I haven't tried it. Could be dangerous.
Irish 2.0
Literally just had these for the first time Tuesday in Destin and I'm sold!! Fortunately there is one on Yale in Houston Heights less than a mile from me!
bigtruckguy3500
Interesting. I too am interested in what a plain one is like.

In my opinion a lot of fancy donut places are over hyped because of what they put on the donut, while the donut itself is often dry or cakey. I personally like the Shipley style yeast donuts that are airy and fluffy over the Dunkin style cakey and dense.

If these have a croissant or yeasty texture, definitely try to find one next time I can.
Irish 2.0
They're croissant style.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.