Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

Teriyaki Sauce

3,385 Views | 28 Replies | Last: 2 mo ago by Sazerac
Tanker123
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Anyone want an easy teriyaki sauce recipe? My wife likes ribeyes and salmon marinated in teriyaki sauce for 24 hours. I simmer some of the sauce until it has syrup like consistency and baste the salmon with it before serving. I have also used it to make venison jerky. Sometimes I replicate hibachi grill with the sauce.
HTownAg98
Why not just post it and let us be the judge of it?
Slicer97
AG
I realize that food is a really subjective and we shouldn't judge other people based on what they like, but I'm absolutely going to judge the eff out of you and your wife for marinating ribeyes in teriyaki.
Tanker123
Slicer97 said:

I realize that food is a really subjective and we shouldn't judge other people based on what they like, but I'm absolutely going to judge the eff out of you and your wife for marinating ribeyes in teriyaki.
So, you choose to be judgmental. I take great pride in supporting my wife and trying to please her. What do you know about Korean BBQ and food? You want to bash that country as well for marinating thinly sliced ribeye in its national dish? Your ignorance is stellar. There is more to food than your myopic and feeble interpretation of it. You are a miserable culinary warrior. lol

This thread has run aground.

Korean BBQ-Style Beef (Bulgogi) (youtube.com)
aggiedadofpanda
AG
Slicer97 said:

Alright, here's the thing. I actually agree with both of you here. Maybe it's nostalgia, but there was a place in College Station when I was there ('99-'03) on Harvey that was like a "tropical steakhouse"...I can't remember the name for the life of me - Kona Grill? Doesn't sound right, but I digress.

When I was broke and in college my Mom would come in town for parents weekend and we'd go there and I would crush a 16 oz teriyaki glazed ribeye, and it was the best meal I'd have the whole semester. It's just delicious...it's not a masterpiece steak, but damn, it tastes great.

If you've got a big ol' marbled ribeye, nothing better than S&P and a great crust. If they're a little more thin, it's great to give them a shot of flavor with the teriyaki or any other sauce. Just my .02
aggiedadofpanda
AG
Also, on this front, if you haven't tried Bachan's Japanese BBQ sauce yet, you're missing out. It's phenomenal on everything - ribeyes included
HtownAg92
AG
aggiedadofpanda said:

Slicer97 said:

Alright, here's the thing. I actually agree with both of you here. Maybe it's nostalgia, but there was a place in College Station when I was there ('99-'03) on Harvey that was like a "tropical steakhouse"...I can't remember the name for the life of me - Kona Grill? Doesn't sound right, but I digress.

When I was broke and in college my Mom would come in town for parents weekend and we'd go there and I would crush a 16 oz teriyaki glazed ribeye, and it was the best meal I'd have the whole semester. It's just delicious...it's not a masterpiece steak, but damn, it tastes great.

If you've got a big ol' marbled ribeye, nothing better than S&P and a great crust. If they're a little more thin, it's great to give them a shot of flavor with the teriyaki or any other sauce. Just my .02
Basically the same thing as Houston's famed Hawaiian Ribeye -- one of their most popular dishes.
LPHA
AG
Lighten up Francis. Post your recipe.
FIDO*98*
AG
Tanker123 said:

Anyone want an easy teriyaki sauce recipe?

Is there any other kind? We're not talking rocket surgery here.
Snowball
AG
I've made this recipe a lot. it is great and lasts in the fridge if you put in in squeeze bottles. Teriyaki Recipe
Slicer97
AG
To me, that's what sirloin is for.

Relatively cheap cut (for steak) that plays well with a lot of other flavors.
Tanker123
FIDO*98* said:

Tanker123 said:

Anyone want an easy teriyaki sauce recipe?

Is there any other kind? We're not talking rocket surgery here.

You are absolutely right there is only one one recipe for teriyaki because it's not rocket science.
Tanker123
LPHA said:

Lighten up Francis. Post your recipe.
No Bucky. The thread was derailed by an offensive comment. You should not push the issue.
Tanker123
FIDO*98* said:

Can you please post your recipe for a waaamburger with cries

I will give you perspective since some of you want to be cute and abrasive. We lost an adult daughter to cancer two years ago while giving birth to our grandson. She stopped the chemo for the pregnancy. My wife has severe PTSD and I can't help her get rid of that trauma despite the fact I have helped many people with PTSD.

Therefore, I have dedicated my life to support my wife. I do all the domestic chores to include all the cooking. I do my best to cook different things for her every night. When I indulge in culinary tasks, it's more than just cooking. I put in my best efforts in the hope a delicious meal might provide some respite to her. Therefore, I do my absolute best to support and please her in everything I do for her. Considering some of the sophomoric personalities on this board, I would not be surprised if this perspective is met with abrasion as well.

Another perspective is I wanted to share my varied cooking skills, but that spirit was ruined early in this thread. The teriyaki salmon recipe I wanted to share could easily be the best you tried. I am disappointed in the direction of this thread. No good deed wil go unpunished.
LostTexasBoy
AG
This might be one of, if not THE strangest threads I've ever seen on the Food Board.
Tanker123
LostTexasBoy said:

This might be one of, if not THE strangest threads I've ever seen on the Food Board.
Good because I am done with the food board. I thought culinary arts would be a benign topic to discuss. I was wrong.
Ornlu
AG
Tanker123 said:

LostTexasBoy said:

Good because I am done with the food board. I thought culinary arts would be a benign topic to discuss. I was wrong.
To be fair, you started a thread with a bait-and-switch rhetorical tactic. "Want any easy recipe" rather than just posting the friggin recipe. You did this to yourself.
Furlock Bones
AG
I'm truly sorry for your loss and everything you are going through. I cannot imagine losing my child.

but, to fair, none of us had any idea about that information before you posted your thread. you took offense to something that was rather benign.

FIDO*98*
AG
I have to wonder if Tanker is a troll or a bot. That is the most bizarre style of writing that I have ever read on TexAgs and Xe/Xer/Xim has terrible threads on the General and Outdoor boards as well
Furlock Bones
AG
FIDO*98* said:

I have to wonder if Tanker is a troll or a bot. That is the most bizarre style of writing that I have ever read on TexAgs and Xe/Xer/Xim has terrible threads on the General and Outdoor boards as well
you're not wrong. after i posted this reply, i saw a couple of tanker's other posts. so now i'm wondering if any of this is real.
tfunk02
AG
Mathguy64
AG
FIDO*98* said:

I never seen anyone nuke Staff from orbit like that, especially after Staff tried to defend them. It was a unique way to go out, that's for sure.
jwag
AG
The troll (if so) got me line and sinker.

Put the lotion in the basket or... the recipe on the thread.
Snowball
AG
(Standing in a dimly lit kitchen, a person reflects on a bottle of teriyaki sauce, holding it gently in their hands.)

You know, there's something about this bottle of teriyaki sauce that speaks to me in a way I never expected. At first glance, it's just a simple condiment, sitting there on the shelf among countless others, but if you look closer, you'll see it's more than just that. It's a metaphor, a symbol of something much deeper.
You see, grief is like a flavorless void that consumes you from the inside out. It's like being lost in a stormy sea with no land in sight, battling waves of pain and sorrow that threaten to pull you under. And in those moments, it's easy to feel like you'll never find your way back to shore.

But then, there's teriyaki sauce. Sweet, savory, a fusion of flavors that awakens the senses and brings life to even the blandest of dishes. It's like a beacon of light in the darkness, a reminder that there's still beauty to be found amidst the chaos.

When you're grieving, it's easy to get stuck in that dark place, to let the pain consume you until it's all you can taste. But teriyaki sauce teaches us that even in the darkest of times, there is still sweetness to be found. It's about taking that pain and transforming it into something beautiful, something that nourishes the soul and reminds us of the strength that lies within.

You see, teriyaki sauce is more than just a condiment. It's a metaphor for resilience, for the power to overcome even the greatest of hardships. It's a reminder that no matter how deep the grief may run, there is always hope for a brighter tomorrow.

So let's embrace the sweetness of life, even in the face of adversity. Let's pour a little teriyaki sauce on our wounds and let it work its magic, healing us from the inside out. And let's remember that no matter how dark the night may seem, the dawn is always just beyond the horizon, waiting to welcome us with open arms.
LPHA
HtownAg92
AG
Different take:

(Standing in a dimly lit kitchen, a person reflects on a bottle of teriyaki sauce, holding it gently in their hands.)

You know, there's something about this bottle of teriyaki sauce that speaks to me in a way I never expected. At first glance, it's just a simple condiment, sitting there on the shelf among countless others, but if you look closer, you'll see it's more than just that. It's a metaphor, a symbol of something much deeper.

Banality, mediocrity, disdain. You see, teriyaki sauce is a reminder of how far we've *******ized Asian cuisine and turned it into a Saki-party joke. It is the condiment of choice for the uninformed and unadventurous. The comforting blankee for the man-child at the sushi bar "who doesn't eat seafood" because he has the palette of a third-grader. You want to comment and tell them to grow up, but what's the point. Their unsophistication is but a small pebble in the avalanche of despair that our culinary country is being buried under. You can't change it, so put your head down and hope your bite of your otoro lessens the urge to gouge his eyes out with a chopstick.

There was a time for teriyaki sauce, before fish sauce and umami became overused staples and buzzwords for the poseur foodies to label the 500 pictures of their latest meal at Buddakan. A simple addition of the sauce to a bland chicken breast and you half-completed the "Asian" section of your fern-restaurant's menu. And the masses loved it, for good reason. It showed "culture" and "adventure", but also tasted good. It still does, I suppose, but its flavor cannot overcome the pungent bile of disgust and hopelessness one gets from eating it.

Can we go back to a simpler time, when teriyaki sauce and Reagan-era economics comforted you like a warm sweater in a chilly basement? Maybe, hopefully. One can dream. And one can occasionally sneak a dash or two of the teriyaki from the decades-old bottle it the corner of the garage fridge onto a steak and feel good again, or at least good enough to turn off the car, open the garage door and fight for another day.

Snowball
AG
If you look at his posts, he is just old.
HTownAg98
Some of you spend way too much time on chatGPT.
fav13andac1)c
AG
Sazerac
AG
Kikkoman Terriyaki Garlic and Green onion makes an awesome dip for sushi rolls
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.