Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

Walk-Ons Sports Bistreaux

4,767 Views | 42 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Aggie09Derek
jja79
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
It's a sports bar not a restaurant. If you want good Cajun go to a good Cajun restaurant. If you want to watch sports, drink cold beer, eat better than average sports bar food in a pleasant atmosphere this is a great option.
Buzzy
TheFunnierPhideaux said:

FIDO*98* said:

I got stuck in Edinburg Texas about a month ago and that was the only walkable restaurant from my hotel. I got the crawfish combo. The touffe was terrible, the fried crawfish tails were borderline ok although no sauce was provided for dipping. If you like places like Chilis and Applebees you'll probably enjoy it. I doubt I'll ever step foot in one again unless a customer wants to go.
Must not have had any real tomato ketchup.

::waits for overly complicated ettouffe recipe::
I suspect half of his indignation stems from the waitress walking off while he was lecturing her on the 'correct' way to make ettouffee and the cook's refusal to leave the kitchen to talk to him.
Wild West Pimp Style
Bunk Moreland
I went to one in Hattiesburg once and it was not nearly as good as the one in CS.
Churlish Sambino
Went to the one in lake Charles a few times several years back. I thought it was good. Good beer and bar drinks, nice waitresses/bartenders, and above average food for a sports bar. Tons of TVs. Where is the one in Brazoria county going to be?
mustang1234
Churlish Sambino said:

Went to the one in lake Charles a few times several years back. I thought it was good. Good beer and bar drinks, nice waitresses/bartenders, and above average food for a sports bar. Tons of TVs. Where is the one in Brazoria county going to be?
I heard in Pearland. There is one in Katy
Churlish Sambino
PlanoAg98
AG
Quote:

They are evidently taking over our Luby's (which is still operating until the end of the year) and that seems like a large place for a sports bar.

RIP Lake Jackson Luby's. I had many a LuAnn platters there growing up.
Aggie09Derek
AG
rlb28 said:

schmendeler said:

Most BWW i have been to it seems like they don't really give a **** if you get your food. So, this was definitely better on that regard.
Pearland BWW was so good many moons ago, but since we got one in our town I haven't been there in years. Our BWW is crap. Customer service is terrible with the wait staff huddling behind a wall on their cell phones. Food is cold and the place is dirty. We also had a Taco Cabana close down here because of the same issues and everyone quit going.

Looking forward to Walk-Ons. They are evidently taking over our Luby's (which is still operating until the end of the year) and that seems like a large place for a sports bar.
Dear lord, please let that be true for Houston.....old Luby's on Waugh has been empty since early Covid.

Pretty sure its going to be another mid/high rise though.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.