Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

Walk-Ons Sports Bistreaux

4,765 Views | 42 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Aggie09Derek
rlb28
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
We are about to get one in Brazoria County. Looks like they are all over the U.S. There's one in College Station. Reviews? Thoughts?
Irish 2.0
Sports bar with cajun influence on the menu. Great place for a sporting event if you have a table. Decor is like a giant sports clips. Food was good. Beer was cold.

Drew Brees is a partner on them
TexAg1822
AG
I've been a few times, most recently as last week at one in San Antonio off 281.

For an appetizer we had the Boom Boom Shrimp and my buddy had a bowl of the red beans and rice. Both were very good, hot and fresh and very flavorful. Ordered a 22 oz Miller that they had on Happy Hour (good happy hour menu)

For the entree I had the crawfish etouffee, little light on the crawfish but not surprising given the time of year. Was very pleased with the dish overall, great flavor with a little bit of spice. Good portions of it as well. Overall, food was great and beer was cold

The bar area was crowded (the Canada WC game was going on) so that added to the crowd but there wasn't a wait and we were served quickly and efficiently. Overall a great experience and I have enjoyed it everytime I go
TXAGGIES
Oxford, MS got a new one recently, very meh imo, cajun food and beer. I'd think of it as a Cajun Applebees.
AustinCountyAg
do they waitresses show off in revealing outfits like the Peaks, Hooters?
The Milkman
AG
I've had a good time at the one in NOLA.

And no, its not a breasteraunt
Matsui
AG
No
Milwaukees Best Light
AG
The original is in Baton Rouge and the founders were walk ons with the corn dog basketball team, if I remember the back of the menu story correctly. Better than a Chili's. Maybe on the same quality level as a BJ's. Not a bad place. Would have been a good spot when I was working on the road a bunch.
jja79
AG
There's one near me. I like it. Food is better than most sports bars. If you've got young kids take them.
AustinCountyAg
jja79 said:

There's one near me. I like it. Food is better than most sports bars. If you've got young kids take them.
what makes it good for young kids?
mustang1234
Better than most sports bars. Way better on food varieties and quality Not expensive
BurnetAggie99
They have pretty good wings as well to go along with some of the other things already mentioned
schmendeler
AG
Better than average food for a sports bar, but not great. TONS of tvs, though. And relatively family friendly as well.
Tailgate88
AG
We love the one in College Station, go there several times a month.
Know Your Enemy
AG
It's not great Cajun food but it's not bad.
FIDO*98*
AG
I got stuck in Edinburg Texas about a month ago and that was the only walkable restaurant from my hotel. I got the crawfish combo. The touffe was terrible, the fried crawfish tails were borderline ok although no sauce was provided for dipping. If you like places like Chilis and Applebees you'll probably enjoy it. I doubt I'll ever step foot in one again unless a customer wants to go.
jja79
AG
Don't have young kids so I can't say from personal experience. It's not a bunch of drunks hitting on girls dressed provocatively. I always see families when I go.
Stringfellow Hawke
AG
Be careful about which draft beers you order. Ghost in the Machine is $13 which is the same price of a four pack at a store.

The food is pretty good and the TV set up is legit. There is literally like 50 TV's in the I-10/99 location.
jetch17
AG
its been a welcome addition when traveling to Midland
Garrelli 5000
AG
We went once to the location at Grandscape in the Colony. We were pretty disappointed.

If you erase from your mind that it will be in any shape form or fashion a cajun place you'll be ok. If you go in thinking you'll get decent cajun fair..just don't go.

Think of it as a sports bar with decent food and it is fine. It is a crap experience for cajun, despite their naming schtick.
Take the trash out staff.
Matsui
AG
I enjoyed it. Like a cajun themed sports bar. They usually have a lot of beer options.
rlb28
AG
For all who have been to a Walk-Ons is it better than Buffalo Wild Wings? Our BWW is TERRIBLE!
schmendeler
AG
Most BWW i have been to it seems like they don't really give a **** if you get your food. So, this was definitely better on that regard.
555-PINF
jetch17 said:

its been a welcome addition when traveling to Midland

I've spent enough time there that I've had my fill and don't want to go back. It's better than Champ's, I guess.
WES2006AG
AG
rlb28 said:

For all who have been to a Walk-Ons is it better than Buffalo Wild Wings? Our BWW is TERRIBLE!
Big step up from a BWW, but that might have more to do with how much BWW sucks.
Txmoe
AG
Agree with most here. Better than average sports bar with lots of beer options and TVs. Food is good for a sports bar but barely resembles Cajun food.

We end up there a lot if we have a big group. Patio is good if weather is good.
rlb28
AG
schmendeler said:

Most BWW i have been to it seems like they don't really give a **** if you get your food. So, this was definitely better on that regard.
Pearland BWW was so good many moons ago, but since we got one in our town I haven't been there in years. Our BWW is crap. Customer service is terrible with the wait staff huddling behind a wall on their cell phones. Food is cold and the place is dirty. We also had a Taco Cabana close down here because of the same issues and everyone quit going.

Looking forward to Walk-Ons. They are evidently taking over our Luby's (which is still operating until the end of the year) and that seems like a large place for a sports bar.
Know Your Enemy
AG
I don't go to BWW often but the locations around me are pretty good. I don't have the same horrible experiences here that everyone else seems to have.
Bunk Moreland
Food is good. Tons of TV's. Good beers on tap. Real good chain restaurant/sports bar.
DiskoTroop
FIDO*98* said:

I got stuck in Edinburg Texas about a month ago and that was the only walkable restaurant from my hotel. I got the crawfish combo. The touffe was terrible, the fried crawfish tails were borderline ok although no sauce was provided for dipping. If you like places like Chilis and Applebees you'll probably enjoy it. I doubt I'll ever step foot in one again unless a customer wants to go.
Must not have had any real tomato ketchup.

::waits for overly complicated ettouffe recipe::
aggiespartan
AG
TheFunnierPhideaux said:

FIDO*98* said:

username checks out
Lola68
I've been to the one in College Station. TV's everywhere and food was ok. They had Yellow Rose on draft so I was happy.
Unemployed
AG
TheFunnierPhideaux said:

FIDO*98* said:

You two should just eff each other and get it over with.
DiskoTroop
Yeah I'm not the only one with some beef.
Average Joe
AG
AustinCountyAg said:

jja79 said:

what makes it good for young kids?
I don't know exactly why, but my kids like the place a lot. The only thing 'special' about it is that they serve the kid's meals on frisbees that they get to keep. Other than that, maybe it's the fact that they can be a little louder than normal that they enjoy.
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.