Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

Cioppino

2,778 Views | 17 Replies | Last: 2 mo ago by rononeill
tlfw378
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
For my Anniversary I made Cioppino for my wife and I. I always enjoy this dish when I get the chance.


birddog7000
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Looks great! Channellocks are a must for crab legs! Bravo!
HTownAg98
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Channel locks are great for crab legs. They don't crush the meat like a regular crab leg cracker will. Just make sure they're clean.
Spore Ag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
What varieties of seafood did you use? We did this Christmas Eve for part of our 7 fishes. King crab is an awesome touch. What wine did you serve?
tlfw378
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Mussels, clams, shrimp, red snapper, cod, & king crab legs. Channel locks were washed…and necessary.
BigAg95
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Looks and sounds fantastic!
Shooz in Katy
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Ok gonna need the recipe!! Please.
tlfw378
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
https://www.seriouseats.com/cioppino-san-francisco-seafood-stew-5212543

Alr3111
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I use this recipe now. Cooking the fish separately solved a problem i always had with it flaking and getting lost in the mix. I vary the seafood to what I get/have/feel like at the time, but typically use mussels instead of clams

https://www.onceuponachef.com/recipes/cioppino.html
Keeper of The Spirits
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I like this one https://www.bonappetit.com/recipe/cioppino-2?intcid=inline_amp
javajaws
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I don't know about the crab, but I could really use some of that bread for the gumbo I've got in the fridge!
Spore Ag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
We use mussels and clams but cook them separately then add them when served. The shell seem to complicate the serving. Thought we used cod for the fish which seemed to hold but yea good idea to cook separately as well.
aggiesherpa
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
One of my most favorite meals was Cioppino from TJs Seafood here in Dallas. I would have licked the bowl if my wife had let me. So good.
TyHolden
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I had this in Florida about 10-15 years ago. It was the first time I've had it. It was kind of a special occasion for me and my family.
I had it again this weekend. The restaurant had a similar item but in a white win broth. The waiter said they could do it with red marinara and spice it up a bit like I wanted. I felt like the food critic in the movie Ratatouille when he has one of his favorite childhood dishes. Instantly, that memory came back to me.

Anybody have a quick and easy spicy recipe for this?



stay low boys. keep those feet moving. go be perfect.

- chavez (fnl)
aggiesherpa
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
aggiesherpa said:

One of my most favorite meals was Cioppino from TJs Seafood here in Dallas. I would have licked the bowl if my wife had let me. So good.


I still think about this meal....
TyHolden
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
aggiesherpa said:

aggiesherpa said:

One of my most favorite meals was Cioppino from TJs Seafood here in Dallas. I would have licked the bowl if my wife had let me. So good.


I still think about this meal....

I don't really like seafood that much but when you mix it with a nice spicy red sauce, I love it.


stay low boys. keep those feet moving. go be perfect.

- chavez (fnl)
TyHolden
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
As for a a quick dish, anybody think you could use Costco's seafood boil and take out the corn and potatoes and throw it in a nice red sauce?


stay low boys. keep those feet moving. go be perfect.

- chavez (fnl)
rononeill
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Just do the Bon Appetit recipe above or this one: https://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/ina-garten/cioppino-6565410 . Its pretty simple!
Refresh
Page 1 of 1
 
×
subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.