Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

question for homebrewers

1,301 Views | 13 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by bmc13
Buzzy
How long do you want to ignore this user?
What is this?

Dad was cleaning out his bar and found it. It is from Apollo Brew Supply, which has a local store. None of us are homebrewers, so we think it is was probably given as a gift, but we have no idea what it is.
Chipotlemonger
AG
I have no clue. Hm. Does anything move? Looks like the rod and that bottom piece are 2 separate pieces. What's the weight distribution like? And what is that top ball, anything weird about it?
fav13andac1)c
AG
All I can see is stainless steel, so me not having experience with this contraption, it's hard to tell what it could be. The ball on top reminds me of a spray ball. Does it by chance spin? What does the underneath look like?
Buzzy
Chipotlemonger said:

I have no clue. Hm. Does anything move? Looks like the rod and that bottom piece are 2 separate pieces. What's the weight distribution like? And what is that top ball, anything weird about it?
The ball on the bottom can slide freely. I thought it might be some type of weight?

Top ball can be unscrewed, but no idea what its function is.
danieljustin06
AG
What does the logo at the bottom say? It doesn't look like any piece of homebrew equipment I've seen before.
Chipotlemonger
AG
Also, is that some kind of o-ring at the top underneath the ball?
AggieOO
Part of a hand pump for a keg?
Rattler12
Fancy grape masher for homemade wine. Stainless steel so it isn't affected by the acid in the grapes. Homebrewing encompasses more than just pivo......
62strat
AG
Can we get a blurrier picture? Beer drinkers often see things more clearly when in a slight haze.
AlaskanAg99
AG
That's really small to mash grapes, like one at a time. I've been brewing for 17 years and I don't have a clue. I would think it's part of some other piece of hardware.
aTm '99
Chipotlemonger
AG
Agreed on both counts. That is not a "grape masher". I asked about a possible o-ring because I don't think this is a standalone piece of equipment.
AggieOO
paper towel holder!
Ornlu
AG
AggieOO said:

Part of a hand pump for a keg?
I think this is the right answer. It's the push rod from a beer engine.
Buzzy
danieljustin06 said:

What does the logo at the bottom say? It doesn't look like any piece of homebrew equipment I've seen before.
Apollo Brew Supply
bmc13
AG
does anything move on it? could we get another picture showing a different angle of what's in the bottom of the picture?

nm on the first question, just saw your post above about the the middle ball sliding
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.