Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

Fajita marinade recipe?

11,428 Views | 41 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by RGV AG
Dallasag517
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I'm grilling chicken thighs tonight outside and using a couple of rubs I bought at the Ft. Worth Rodeo. It's called Southwest Texas Chicken Rub. They also make a Fajita Seasoning and Steak seasoning as well.

I didn't realize it but they are in Bryan. Texas Smoke and Flame. I found them to be really good seasonings.
GasPasser97
AG
cecil77 said:

You experts will laugh at an old guy, but this has been good for 40 years, way back at the beginning of fajitas in the Valley.

Equal parts beer (Shiner Bock) and Kraft Original BBQ sauce. Substantial worcestershire.

I've been on this site for 17 years...and I haven't seen this guy make a post in years...

Tip of the cap...
Cassius
OasisMan said:

Cassius said:

Fiesta brand fajita seasoning dry rub. Nothing better.
used to agree

Was given 2 Gringos by chupacabra

It's the best

I tried the 2 gringos...

It's good, but I don't think it's that much better than Fiesta.

Jmho
OasisMan
AG
anything on the level of fiestas fajita seasoning is good
SamHou
I don't own a blackstone. Could I use a cooking torch instead to sear the meat after sous vide?
Coastieag82
Have any of y'all ever placed the meat directly on the coals a la Alton Brown? Used his method for my son's birthday once and it made great tasting and very tender fajitas. Blew the ashes off the coals between rounds which made the coals hotter. Never tasted or felt any ashes and didn't take long to cook which was great for a large gathering.Possibly the best fajitas I've ever made. Can't tell you about the marinade or seasoning as I usually create them from things on hand.
ShawnTxAg
AG
I don't see why not, or just a cast iron smoking hot!
RGV AG
AG
A place I eat in Mex has about the most consistently good fajitas, well theirs are "arracheras" (The hanging tender cut) and the way they cook them is to have them away from indirect heat getting the smoke from a mesquite fire for a while and when an order comes in they take them from there and throw them into a sizzingly hot cast iron "plancha" that is on the coals with some marinade they have. These things cook in about 2 to 3 min and the juice crystalizes on them. The take them off and put them on a sizzling platter and serve them, they are very, very good.

Best fajitas I have ever had all came out of the pan, disco, or the plancha.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.