Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

Any NA Beer Drinkers Out There?

7,540 Views | 73 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by DuckySams
bam02
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I looked up the lagunitas one and it said 80 cals
FIDO*98*
AG
Generally 50-80 calories in the craft variety. Partake Pale Ale is the lowest I've found at 10cals.
jetch17
AG
Hell I'd almost just rather have a beer then ... again, I get it for the folks not boozin etc as a good alternative

I could see some of those hop waters mentioned being a nice alternative during the week, esp since I'm a topo/sparkling fiend
Diggity
AG
The Hop Water is 0 cal. Good stuff but more like a hoppy seltzer than a beer.
Diggity
AG
oh, I would definitely rather have a Hazy Double IPA.

My cardiologist suggests that I do not. That's what I get for seeing a Muslim dude I suppose.
jetch17
DuckySams
https://www.bravus.com/

The Bravus Amber Ale is really good. Their IPA ain't half bad either (which is hard to pull off with the NA brewing process). At Specs usually, but I have them ship it to my door.
AgNav93
AG
Bravus Brewing Oatmeal Stout and IPA. Schneider Weiss is damn good.
CheersforBeers
Budweiser Zero is really good!
bam02
AG
So I got 3 sixers to try. I like them all. Got a hairless dog IPA, the Karbach free and clear, and the athletic run wild. I'd say the run wild is my favorite, but it was also the last one I tried when sampling one of each. Maybe I was just more prepared for the mild flavor and that is why I liked it the most.
Post removed:
by user
rather be fishing
AG
I don't venture over to this board very often, so never seen this thread. I'll be at 1 year dry next week, and love me a good NA. Clausthaler dry hopped is my #1 favorite, and I usually make a big stock up purchase at Total Wine whenever I make it into Spokane. I've also really enjoyed Lagunitas' IPA.

I'm in very remote Montana and it amazes me I have found original Clausthaler at several of the grocery stores we hit depending on where we're at.

Total Wine's selection gets bigger everytime I'm in there. It's like going to the old huge beer selection gas station I used to frequent in Austin. Heading in this weekend and looking forward to what I can find.
Pahdz
Don't laugh but Clausthauler grapefruit isn't bad either.
rather be fishing
AG
Pahdz said:

Don't laugh but Clausthauler grapefruit isn't bad either.
I like it. Very refreshing.

Bravus also has a raspberry gose that is pretty tasty.
Old Sarge
AG
Not really a true NA (2.5%), but Lone Star came out with 24/7 a while back and tried it on a recommendation from a friend. Of course it is a light beer, but the wife and I liked it better than the Michelob Ultra and other Ultra Lights. Actually had a light beer taste and smell. It is a good weeknight beer, and for during the day on the weekends when you still want to get some things done around the house yet drink a beer while doing so.

I did the NA thing, but the selection in our town is not good.
jetch17
AG
That's just silly.

If you're gonna have a beer "around the house while doing things" just have a beer
Post removed:
by user
Dr.Rumack
third coast.. said:

It should probably be a rodeo clown

Two of any Clown Shoes offerings and I'm a master electrician.
jetch17
AG
third coast.. said:

It should probably be a rodeo clown

Or a 15% barrel aged stout
rather be fishing
AG
Here's the NAs I picked up over the weekend from Total Wine:

Athletic Run Wild IPA
Bravus Raspberry Gose
Athletic free Wave Double Hop
Hairless Dog IPA
Lagunita IPNA
Bravus IPA
Lagunitas Hoppy Refresher
Ceria Indiewave IPA
Clausthaler Dry Hopped
DuckySams
Good to see more and more alternatives out there. Had a St Pauli Girl this weekend. Still one of my go-tos.
TXAG 05
AG
jetch17 said:

That's just silly.

If you're gonna have a beer "around the house while doing things" just have a beer

This. What difference does it make what day it is or what you are doing?
RK
AG
if your day goes to sh*t because you've had a couple...you need to practice more.
Post removed:
by user
rather be fishing
AG
DuckySams said:

Good to see more and more alternatives out there. Had a St Pauli Girl this weekend. Still one of my go-tos.

St. Pauli tastes like piss to me. That's probably my last favorite. I'd rather have a Texas Select.
FIDO*98*
AG
I'm not sure if anyone on here is interested, but, several of us no longer drinkers have been meeting up by Zoom on Sundays and Thursdays now at 7:00. It's not a 12-step meeting, just more of a sober Aggie hang out. If you haven't been to the H&F board and seen the link it would be great to see some new folks jump in.

https://us02web.zoom.us/j/4922070133?pwd=QmRNQmI2NndFc0h4TmJaZXF3d3lqQT09

rather be fishing
AG
FIDO*98* said:

I'm not sure if anyone on here is interested, but, several of us no longer drinkers have been meeting up by Zoom on Sundays and Thursdays now at 7:00. It's not a 12-step meeting, just more of a sober Aggie hang out. If you haven't been to the H&F board and seen the link it would be great to see some new folks jump in.

I might have to come check it out.
Post removed:
by user
FIDO*98*
AG
We're all in different areas and want to keep in open to anyone who wants to join. Even if you're stuck in a hotel half way across the globe
Post removed:
by user
Slicer97
AG
It's been nearly 2 decades since I've had it, but I recall this stuff being pretty good:

Pahdz
My wife likes it but I'm not a fan
DuckySams
Pahdz said:

My wife likes it but I'm not a fan

I think it's decent. There is a whole lot worse out there.
DuckySams
FIDO*98* said:

That's awesome. Thanks.
Seersucker Ag 2011
AG
Milwaukees Best Light said:

Diggity said:

remember, the alligator craves equilibrium, and will always chomp on the larger number until the formula achieves steady state.
I don't think that is the way old Bob Horn taught it back at SJ, but maybe should have.
Page 2 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.