Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

Olives..love or hate?

2,688 Views | 41 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by Quincey P. Morris
Crazy Ag 97
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
We have yet to find olives here that come even remotely close to how great they are in Spain and Italy (yes Spain, they are actually better than Italian olives). It's funny because neither my wife nor I put olives in or on anything (obvious exceptions being a martini and Bloody Mary), but we will eat them as a stand alone snack by the dozens.
jh0400
AG
BCN in Houston has the best green olives I've ever had in the US. I'm pretty sure they have a source to get them shipped in from Spain.
Rattler12
Goya olives either non pitted or pitted and stuffed are imho the best
JYDog90
AG
Like green don't like black.
GMaster0
Black olives are the devil, hate them. Green olives I absolutely love and can eat handfuls of them. My local farmers market has so many varieties, I like one especially that has been brined with a little lemon. I use them for my martinis, totally amazing!
HummingbirdSaltalamacchia
AG
Canned Black olives are the only ones I'm meh on. The rest are amazingly delicious. Kalamata, Cerignola, Picholine, Manzanilla. Blue cheese or jalapeo stuffed. Any charcuterie board worth a damn is going to have several types of olives on it.
Stumpknocker
They taste like vomit to me...
Quincey P. Morris
AG
I like them every once in a while.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.