Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

******************BOURBON/WHISKEY TRADING THREAD************************

873,618 Views | 6463 Replies | Last: 16 hrs ago by remko12
Ducks4brkfast
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I'll have to look at a map but I believe it was in between Leadville and Buena Vista?
Tom Cardy
AG
Americus or Granite are your two options there
Phat32
AG
Damn man, these just came out. If you don't want it, leave it on the shelf.
MarathonAg12
Phat32 said:

Damn man, these just came out. If you don't want it, leave it on the shelf.

This is literally a trading thread. Go cry somewhere else. Would it make you feel better if I asked for a Weller Full Proof?
NorthTXAg08
AG
Yes. Like you said, a trading thread. Seems like bad bull to gouge fellow Aggies.
MarathonAg12
NorthTXAg08 said:

Yes. Like you said, a trading thread. Seems like bad bull to gouge fellow Aggies.

As I scroll back through the pages, people have their items listed at full secondary for cash.

Is there a time frame I am suppose to adhere too? Should I trade GTS a $99?

Give me a break.
jetch17
AG
MarathonAg12 said:

NorthTXAg08 said:

As I scroll back through the pages, people have their items listed at full secondary for cash.

Is there a time frame I am suppose to adhere too? Should I trade GTS a $99?

Give me a break.

BIN.
Phat32
AG
My specific issue with this one is that it came out like a week ago (at Sigel's/Twin Liquors).

So either you have very fickle tastes (which I know is false because you bragged about drinking it on the other thread) or you intentionally bought another one to flip. Spade is a spade and regardless of how you internally justify it, that's the problem with bourbon right now.

There is a difference to me in that behavior and "I've had a GTS for a long time and just found out it's worth a lot to somebody else". Or even trading at specific valuations.

You do you though bro.
jh0400
AG
Between this thread and the other we have one of the most complete documentations of a tater transition that I've seen. In a matter of months we went from "hey guys, I'm new to bourbon but really like it" to "I bought an extra and will make it available in exchange for #maxprofitz."
MarathonAg12
Phat32 said:

My specific issue with this one is that it came out like a week ago (at Sigel's/Twin Liquors).

So either you have very fickle tastes (which I know is false because you bragged about drinking it on the other thread) or you intentionally bought another one to flip. Spade is a spade and regardless of how you internally justify it, that's the problem with bourbon right now.

There is a difference to me in that behavior and "I've had a GTS for a long time and just found out it's worth a lot to somebody else". Or even trading at specific valuations.

You do you though bro.

Good lord. It's brown water. You need to relax. I have traded with several posters here. I don't know why your world is on fire. I guess we only trade at retail here right? Come on.

If you are ever in N. Austin and want to share a few pours let me know!
NorthTXAg08
AG
Trading for bottles you want to drink and buying allocated to make money off people is different and you know it. Take it Facebook if you want to buy and flip to gouge.
ryeguy
Nobody leaves things on the shelves anymore. If you do, than bravo, but I doubt you even do. There are more people than ever searching for bottles and if I have the chance to grab something that I might not actually want and swap it for something that I do, I'm definitely going to do it. That's the unfortunate world we're living it.
CactusThomas
AG
Would you take a w12 for the 4r Twin pick?

I'm in Corpus, we'd need a mule.
lazuras_dc
AG
I'll be in SA next month
AggieBarstool
ryeguy said:

Nobody leaves things on the shelves anymore. If you do, than bravo, but I doubt you even do. There are more people than ever searching for bottles and if I have the chance to grab something that I might not actually want and swap it for something that I do, I'm definitely going to do it. That's the unfortunate world we're living it.

... and you're one of the reasons why we have to have a thread like this and gouge each other for #maxprofitz.
FTAC2011
AG
NorthTXAg08 said:

Trading for bottles you want to drink and buying allocated to make money off people is different and you know it. Take it Facebook if you want to buy and flip to gouge.

Just my 2 cents but gouge should be a term used for buying up necessities during a bad time, and reselling for insane profits to people in need.

This is bourbon. It has a market price. Marathon did not set that market price. People sell and trade their bottles for what they are worth, not to a price to appease the "flippers are evil" crowd.

This is America, we live in a capitalist market. Almost everything you buy from groceries, to dog food, to luxury goods, to furniture, to clothes is all bought and resold to you at a higher price. No need to complain about someone trading/selling something at market price.. no matter if they bought it yesterday or a year ago.
FTAC2011
AG
Also just because I know he won't say anything, but marathon just raised thousands of dollars for the Uvalde victims families and community via bourbon raffles and auctions. So he's alright in my book.
Pac1698
AG
I'm not sure what happened that upset people, but I know marathonag has reached out to me on text offering me some allocated bottles at cost. I've also had the pleasure of trading bottles with him as well and never felt like he was taking advantage of me. Just my experience with marathon.
MarathonAg12
CactusThomas said:

Would you take a w12 for the 4r Twin pick?

I'm in Corpus, we'd need a mule.

Sure man. I will be in SA next month and can link up with LazDC. PM me!
AggieAuditor
AG
Yeah enough is enough with all the self righteous bs. The bourbon market is what it is. Don't like it? Plenty of other options out there.
Naveronski
AG
ryeguy said:

Yep.

If they're not FS here, they're on FB.
Naveronski
AG
AggieAuditor said:

Yeah enough is enough with all the self righteous bs. The bourbon market is what it is. Don't like it? Plenty of other options out there.
But we're Aggies, we should sell bottles for less than MSRP.

Signed,
ABS
MediAg13
AG
Personally if I am paying secondary for a bottle or trading bottles I'd much rather make the trade with an Aggie on this forum rather than get scammed on FB. Peace of mind trading on here is the biggest benefit I find, not trying to get bottles at MSRP.
MarathonAg12
A little summer cleaning.

Eagle Rare $50

ECBP A122 $85

ECBP B522 $85

Round Rock
MarathonAg12
MarathonAg12 said:

A little summer cleaning.

Eagle Rare $50

ECBP A122 $85

ECBP B522 $85

Round Rock

ECBPs are gone
SpiderDude
AG
jwsherry said:

Spiderdude, is the Larceny, Blantons or BT Kosher still available?

Yes, no, yes.
Vikingman13
FT: 1792 FP (TWsp)-$65, 1792 FP-$55, Bookers 2021-04- $110, ER- $60

ISO: HH Bib, ECTB, Bookers (any batch), BO8, W12, MBSR, $

Can piece together to make it as fair as possible.

Bryan-College Station
MarathonAg12
Father's Day Garrison Brothers Single Barrel Cask Strength 133.8 Proof

Asking $180 for it. Retail.

Round Rock

MarathonAg12
MarathonAg12 said:

Father's Day Garrison Brothers Single Barrel Cask Strength 133.8 Proof

Asking $180 for it. Retail.

Round Rock

This is done
LCE
AG
Come on man…someone really paid $180 for that?
MarathonAg12
LCE said:

Come on man…someone really paid $180 for that?

Yeah. Thats with a military discount.
Laddermanbourbon
I paid 180$ out the door at total wine and have zero regret. Great bottle.
ryeguy
FT:
Blanton's Takara Red
Blanton's Takara Black

ISO: W12 1:1

Can do a couple of times

Austin area
AlaskanAg99
AG
Ate you doing Red+Black:W12
Or Red or Black:W12
I'm in Houston but we've traded before.
ryeguy
AlaskanAg99 said:

Ate you doing Red+Black:W12
Or Red or Black:W12
I'm in Houston but we've traded before.
It's either or hence the 1:1
First Page Last Page
Page 81 of 185

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.