Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

******************BOURBON/WHISKEY TRADING THREAD************************

873,578 Views | 6463 Replies | Last: 15 hrs ago by remko12
aggiebrother33
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Was at my local place today, and he had a bottle of Laguna Madre. Curious what people are willing to trade for that, according to those who have had it say it's the best by far GB. I also have a Cowboy 2020, but I planned on drinking that one.
MarathonAg12
aggiebrother33 said:

Was at my local place today, and he had a bottle of Laguna Madre. Curious what people are willing to trade for that, according to those who have had it say it's the best by far GB. I also have a Cowboy 2020, but I planned on drinking that one.

400-500 trade value
William Larue Weller
AG
MarathonAg12 said:

aggiebrother33 said:

400-500 trade value
You need to find new secondary groups, lol. Just saw a Laguna Madre move in DFW for 250 today.
ftaggie09
AG
Trump 2020 said:

MarathonAg12 said:

aggiebrother33 said:

400-500 trade value
You need to find new secondary groups, lol. Just saw a Laguna Madre move in DFW for 250 today.
dang $250 is under retail, I need to be in your group as a buyer
aggiebrother33
Trump 2020 said:

MarathonAg12 said:

aggiebrother33 said:

400-500 trade value

That's odd because MSRP for this bottle I thought is $299?
William Larue Weller
AG
aggiebrother33 said:

Trump 2020 said:

MarathonAg12 said:

aggiebrother33 said:

400-500 trade value

That's odd because MSRP for this bottle I thought is $299?
Guess someone got screwed haha. I wouldn't pay $29.99 for anything put out by Garrison Brothers, so not super familiar with their pricing.
aggiebrother33
I mostly agree, however the Cowboy 2020 I had from my BIL was surprisingly good and I found one. Just letting it age a little more, we shall see. The Laguna Madre has gotten pretty high praise, and since they only made a limited supply I am curious what someone would be willing to swap for if I can snag this one.
Ducks4brkfast
AG
aggiebrother33 said:

I mostly agree, however the Cowboy 2020 I had from my BIL was surprisingly good and I found one. Just letting it age a little more, we shall see. The Laguna Madre has gotten pretty high praise, and since they only made a limited supply I am curious what someone would be willing to swap for if I can snag this one.
Surprisingly good?

Surprisingly good compared to what - all other Garrison Bros bourbon?

Every distillery should make good whiskey. But alas, Garrison Bros has been making crummy whiskey since its existence and just because a couple small batches lately have been what the standard for drinkable whiskey should be all yall johnny come latelys are thumping your chest on social media about paying $300+ for a bottle cuase it's SuRpRiSiNgLy GoOd.

I hate everybody.

[Not directed at you aggiebrother]
aggiebrother33
Ducks4brkfast said:

aggiebrother33 said:

Surprisingly good?

Surprisingly good compared to what - all other Garrison Bros bourbon?

Every distillery should make good whiskey. But alas, Garrison Bros has been making crummy whiskey since its existence and just because a couple small batches lately have been what the standard for drinkable whiskey should be all yall johnny come latelys are thumping your chest on social media about paying $300+ for a bottle cuase it's SuRpRiSiNgLy GoOd.

I hate everybody.

[Not directed at you aggiebrother]

Haha, everyone has their own palate. I've tried just about every GB out there, and good not just for them but good especially for the proof. Their "normal" stuff not a fan of personally. Is the Cowboy on the level of GTS or Blanton SFTB, not in my opinion but close, and some have said the Laguna Madre is even better. Based on its rarity, I'm willing to spend the money to swap for something I can't find. That's what this board is all about IMO. Value vs worth
MarathonAg12
Trump 2020 said:

MarathonAg12 said:

aggiebrother33 said:

400-500 trade value

I said trade value not cash.

Regardless, That's a hell of deal and under MSRP,

I turned all my Laguna Madre and Guadalupe into Stagg Jr. I know what I like and it ain't GB.
William Larue Weller
AG
MarathonAg12 said:

Trump 2020 said:

MarathonAg12 said:

aggiebrother33 said:

400-500 trade value

I turned all my Laguna Madre and Guadalupe into Stagg Jr. I know what I like and it ain't GB.
Seems like a very smart move for you, I love Stagg Jr.
aggiebrother33
MarathonAg12 said:

Trump 2020 said:

MarathonAg12 said:

aggiebrother33 said:

400-500 trade value

This is kinda my thought
CTGilley
AG
MarathonAg12 said:

Trump 2020 said:

MarathonAg12 said:

aggiebrother33 said:

400-500 trade value

But you have an open LM. I traded a SJr and OWA for a LM.

I have a cowboy and it is trash compared to the LM.

I hate on GB a lot but honestly I have started to like it. I just think it is all worth about half retail.

Wasn't he trained by ETL and Wheatley?
aggiebrother33
CTGilley said:

MarathonAg12 said:

Trump 2020 said:

MarathonAg12 said:

aggiebrother33 said:

400-500 trade value

But you have an open LM. I traded a SJr and OWA for a LM.

I have a cowboy and it is trash compared to the LM.

I hate on GB a lot but honestly I have started to like it. I just think it is all worth about half retail.

Wasn't he trained by ETL and Wheatley?

This is what I've heard. LM is unlike all their others
CTGilley
AG
It probably helps that is aged 8 years.
stroodles
AG
Anyone have a bottle of Old Forester 150 they'd trade? Had some at a bar a couple of weeks ago and need a bottle of my own.

I have a couple of 1:1 trades plus numerous 2:1, 3:1, etc.
CloudRusty
Not particularly looking to let mine go yet, but if there's a trade I like, I would entertain it.

I do have all three batches as well, if you were looking for a specific batch.
William Larue Weller
AG
stroodles said:

Anyone have a bottle of Old Forester 150 they'd trade? Had some at a bar a couple of weeks ago and need a bottle of my own.

I have a couple of 1:1 trades plus numerous 2:1, 3:1, etc.

What would you offer 1:1?
stroodles
AG
With all of the love Laguna Madre has received on this thread - I do have one I would trade.

I also have an old fitz 8 year BIB.

Other bottles would be EHT SiB, EHT rye, Blantons, Still Austin cask strength, Bourye (2021 Utah release only), New Riff SiB SP, ECBP, willet 4 year rye, rebel 10, blood oath pact 7
ftaggie09
AG
stroodles said:

With all of the love Laguna Madre has received on this thread - I do have one I would trade.

I also have an old fitz 8 year BIB.

Other bottles would be EHT SiB, EHT rye, Blantons, Still Austin cask strength, Bourye (2021 Utah release only), New Riff SiB SP, ECBP, willet 4 year rye, rebel 10, blood oath pact 7

What are you looking for?
stroodles
AG
Old forester 150
Aggie Hunter
AG
Elijah Craig Toasted Barrel…….Went to the store today and the guy behind the counter gave me a sample from his personal collection. Man that stuff is good.
BQ_2010
AG
ISO EH Taylor SiB. Any one have (2) for sale? Will be in CS this weekend.
Schall 02
AG
Anybody in Denver ?
NorthTXAg08
AG
Yep
Laddermanbourbon
Did you find your purple top? I have a purple top total wine store pick available if you are interested.
William Larue Weller
AG
Laddermanbourbon said:

Did you find your purple top? I have a purple top total wine store pick available if you are interested.

I did not, and I am interested. Looking for anything in a trade?
Schall 02
AG
NorthTXAg08 said:

Yep

Looking to trade anything ?
NorthTXAg08
AG
Nothing in particular, but always open to ideas. You have anything in mind?
Schall 02
AG
I've got some extra Eagle Rare and would like to diversify my BT selection. Haven't found EH Taylor or Weller (other than SR) in far too long. Also have a slightly drank EC Toasted Barrel that I wasn't that big a fan of. My email is in my profile if you want to connect. Gig em.
Laddermanbourbon
GTs, EH barrel proof are probably top of the list I'm looking for.
Could potentially consider something like a Russell's 13 or old forester 150th,
William Larue Weller
AG
Laddermanbourbon said:

GTs, EH barrel proof are probably top of the list I'm looking for.
Could potentially consider something like a Russell's 13 or old forester 150th,
Don't have most of those, but do have an Old Forester 150th. What age is the purple top? And do you know which WFE recipe it is? Thanks.
Laddermanbourbon
Barrel number 4802, which indicates high rye bourbon. 6 year 130.2 proof.
I haven't been actively trying to trade it but saw your post and thought we might be able to agree on something.
ftaggie09
AG
What's the current trade value of ER 1.75 SP.
I have 3 from Massachusetts with the box.

Just gauging if I want to part with any or all of them. I assume they will be worth more as a set with the box.
William Larue Weller
AG
Laddermanbourbon said:

Barrel number 4802, which indicates high rye bourbon. 6 year 130.2 proof.
I haven't been actively trying to trade it but saw your post and thought we might be able to agree on something.
I am interested, let's figure something out. Where are you located?
First Page Last Page
Page 46 of 185

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.