Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

******************BOURBON/WHISKEY TRADING THREAD************************

1,081,106 Views | 7464 Replies | Last: 8 hrs ago by AgsNBourbon
ftaggie09
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
William Larue Weller said:

Goodest Poster said:

ftaggie09 said:

Goodest Poster said:

ftaggie09 said:

Too bad you didn't have those a week ago
The price has taken a nose dive

Yep, too bad. Im probably gonna miss my Camry payment this month. Oh well.
still listed at 200+ over current market so you can bank a couple Camry payments

Actually its listed at 660 over market because its a 140 dollar bottle. I dont have facebook nor do i base any decisions on it. Ive been at this for 20 years, long before Facebook ruined it. Im offering access to a bottle in which 60 cases total will come to Texas and of those I have the first batch in the Houston market. There are people that will gladly pay 800 for an anniversary, cask strength, limited edition.
But you know you are right....and since its unfair for me to ask 200 over some market Im not in belief of or in touch with...i will just retract the offer altogether. I will go sell them to a Corporate buyer at 1200 a bottle.

Sorry Texags, I shouldnt have offered and now I know better.
What was the bottle in question?
13th Colony 15th Anniversary

I just thought we were about keeping stuff at least close to market value for fellow Ags, but screw me for suggesting that.
Goodest Poster
AG
ftaggie09 said:

Goodest Poster said:

ftaggie09 said:

Goodest Poster said:

ftaggie09 said:

Too bad you didn't have those a week ago
The price has taken a nose dive

Yep, too bad. Im probably gonna miss my Camry payment this month. Oh well.
still listed at 200+ over current market so you can bank a couple Camry payments

Actually its listed at 660 over market because its a 140 dollar bottle. I dont have facebook nor do i base any decisions on it. Ive been at this for 20 years, long before Facebook ruined it. Im offering access to a bottle in which 60 cases total will come to Texas and of those I have the first batch in the Houston market. There are people that will gladly pay 800 for an anniversary, cask strength, limited edition.
But you know you are right....and since its unfair for me to ask 200 over some market Im not in belief of or in touch with...i will just retract the offer altogether. I will go sell them to a Corporate buyer at 1200 a bottle.

Sorry Texags, I shouldnt have offered and now I know better.
What was the bottle in question?
13th Colony 15th Anniversary

I just thought we were about keeping stuff at least close to market value for fellow Ags, but screw me for suggesting that.

Then you should sell all your Pappys to TravelinTex for 700...because thats where "the market is" i guess according to one page ago. Damn...im late again.
Always the most goodest
Aggie Therapist
AG
People on here guilt trippin other users for Aggie discounts is such a tired take.

ftaggie09
AG
Not an Aggie discount just relaying current market conditions. If it can be sold for 1200 then go sell it for 1200.

Since it changes all the time list it for whatever you want it is a free market after all, but don't get bend out of shape when someone questions a high price

Visor
AG
good time to crack this TexAgs New Riff pick and catch up on this thread
LCE
AG
$800 to $1200 bottles for trade while I sip a WT101

Above my head.
Science Denier
AG
ftaggie09 said:

Not an Aggie discount just relaying current market conditions. If it can be sold for 1200 then go sell it for 1200.

Since it changes all the time list it for whatever you want it is a free market after all, but don't get bend out of shape when someone questions a high price

Not trying to be a dick oe to jump in the middle of this, but trying to learn.

Where can I see a market price for some of these bourbons? Is there a link/site?
LOL OLD
William Larue Weller
AG
Science Denier said:

ftaggie09 said:

Where can I see a market price for some of these bourbons? Is there a link/site?

It's all on Facebook. There are tons of private secondary groups, both local ones and national ones.
Tom Cardy
AG

Science Denier said:

ftaggie09 said:

It's all on Facebook. There are tons of private secondary groups, both local ones and national ones.

Recently the bourbon blue book on bourboneur has become pretty accurate. Not for everything, but it'll get you close usually. Good starting resource for things that are pretty widely traded
ftaggie09
AG
Science Denier said:

ftaggie09 said:

As above fb groups

You can also look at auction sites but those won't have newer bottle and tend to be a little higher most of the time

https://www.bourboneur.com/bourbonbluebook
Chadallen7
AG
Has anyone been able to try some of the Japanese releases? I have a family member going soon. I haven't really been able to nail it down to just a few that I want them to look for. Any recommendations help!
CactusThomas
AG
I love the Wild Turkey 8 and 12 year bottles.
TravelinTex
Blanton's Takara Red is an interesting bottle. Same proof as regular Blanton's, but aged two more years. More complex flavor profile and is a nice looking box and bottle has Japanese writing to bring home for display. From what I've heard, not too difficult to find.
Tksymm7
AG
Wild Turkey 12 is supposed to be one of if not the best Wild Turkey product in production.
Chadallen7
AG
I've heard about the 12 never the 8, I definitely have those on the list.
Chadallen7
AG
Well guess this is the bottle to look for, I am really looking forward to what they can find!
Chadallen7
AG
Okay awesome, I have heard a lot about the Blantons lines in Japan, just didn't know which ones were worth taking home if any! The red will be the one I specify!
ftaggie09
AG
Chadallen7 said:

Has anyone been able to try some of the Japanese releases? I have a family member going soon. I haven't really been able to nail it down to just a few that I want them to look for. Any recommendations help!
Four Roses Super Premium is also one worth looking for
Chadallen7
AG
Whats the story behind that one? Older, or just not sold here in the states?
rebelag62
AG
Black label Blanton's is solid too. Low proof (80?). But nice and when I picked it up a few years ago, it was maybe $60?
SSerna93
Japanese gold is the king of Japanese ponies. But it's the hardest to find
ftaggie09
AG
Chadallen7 said:

Whats the story behind that one? Older, or just not sold here in the states?
Only in Japan
Rumored to be older, also a different blend
https://www.breakingbourbon.com/review/four-roses-super-premium
Chadallen7
AG
Whats the difference between the golds?? I have seen them but figured it was same juice.
Chadallen7
AG
Thats now on my list, thanks for that!!
betadawg1
AG
Making some room. Most at or below retail. Located in CS but travel to Houston often.

Tom Cardy
AG
I'll take the fantails (wt Kentucky spirit)
betadawg1
AG
Tom Cardy said:

I'll take the fantails (wt Kentucky spirit)

Done
AgCzar
AG
Both or just one? I was just about to bin that
ryeguy
Damn, wish I would have seen this earlier
Tom Cardy
AG
Sorry, both. Big fan of these
AgCzar
AG
I hear ya. Been hunting one forever. Enjoy!
CowtownAg06
AG
I'd do the Willett and Michters American. I'm Houston but will also pay for shipping.
Aggie Therapist
AG
I'll take the dusty knobs baby!
You’re not alone—the Veterans Crisis Line is here for you. You don’t have to be enrolled in VA benefits or health care to call.

Dial 988 Press 1
ftaggie09
AG
Chadallen7 said:

Whats the difference between the golds?? I have seen them but figured it was same juice.
Takara Gold is rumored to be 2 years older than "regular" Blanton's Gold
SupermachJM
AG
Can you post a pic of the back of the SAOS bottle?
First Page Last Page
Page 184 of 214

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.