Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

6 quart Instant Pot on Amazon deals of the day

2,772 Views | 14 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by RCR06
GIF Reactor
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
$59.99 for the 7-in-1 Instant Pot today. Worth it? We use a crock pot pretty regularly throughout the year, but haven't ever used a pressure cooker. It is tempting to be able to cook stuff that quickly for week night meals.
Vernada
AG
Probably not.

I got one a few years ago. Used it once or twice. But now it just sits and I reach for the crock pot.

I'm sure it works fine. It just didn't fill a need for me and I didn't feel like figuring out new recipes for it.
TennAg
It's good for beans if nothing else
schwack schwack
AG
We actually do use ours & I didn't think we would. We make yogurt weekly in ours. Plus we have a few great, easy recipes for Thai food that we can't get out here in rural TX. We also make tomato sauce in ours every summer - the crock pot recipe cooked for 15+ hours and I can do a batch in this thing in 45 minutes. Beans are good, too.

We've tried other stuff with mixed results - all edible but kinda weird. For example, we did one recipe with uncooked pasta, frozen chicken breasts, tomato sauce, etc all thrown in together. Yes, it was a quick dinner, but I've had better.

Have not tried to bake in it but there are multiple recipes for chocolate lava cakes online that look good.

Edit to add photo of tonight's dinner. Talking Thai food did it.

Keeper of The Spirits
AG
Yeah I threw out my crockpot once I got the instant pot.

It does everything the crockpot does plus is a great rice cooker
ftworthag02
AG
Had ours for a year and use it weekly for steel cut oats, several times made the green chili chicken recipe, and another using frozen chicken breasts, cream, spinach & other stuff. We like it.
Cassius
I use it mine all the time.

I use it for quick pot roast most of the time, but it can slow cook too.

Great for purple hill peas, for steaming broccoli, and for cooking rice.
JYDog90
AG
Use mine all the time for greens, green beans, stews, roasts and egg bites.
Formerly Willy Wonka
MookieBlaylock
AG
Great for rice and risotto

Loved it better when it was called a pressure cooker
Thanks Boston terrorists
Furlock Bones
AG
for those that say it makes great rice. please post your rice type and recipe. so far the rice we've made in the instapot has not come close to our stove top style.
Emotional Support Cobra
AG
I use mine a lot! I dont use it for weeknight meals as much for soups and chilis.

I love dropping frozen chicken/ pork in with marinade and having quick meals but it is still a one-hour process because the quirk is that yes it only cooks for say, 30 minutes,but it takes 20 minutes to warm up and depressurize or whatever.
Keeper of The Spirits
AG
Vernada what do you do with your crock pot that you wouldn't do with an instant pot?

As far as rice goes I just follow the ratio on the box and replace the water with broth
Bruce Almighty
AG
I don't use it much but my wife loves it. She cooks twice a week and probably uses it half the time. I really only use it for risotto, which is worth the price alone.
GIF Reactor
AG
8 quart on today's deals for $99.99. Didn't go for the previous deal, but considering this one more. Saw a commercial over the weekend for the ninja pressure cooker, they claim it also crispens food, I guess like an air fryer?
Vernada
AG
I wanted to revisit this thread.

I pulled out my once used Instant Pot this weekend in an attempt to speed make shredded chicken breasts for green enchiladas.

I think I've been thinking of this tool all wrong - I'm not sure if I'll ever use it for 'whole dishes' like I do a slow cooker (maybe I will at some point) but what I realize I can use it for is for speeding up and 'automating' other tedious activities.

So in the last few days I've used it for shredded chicken, browning 2# of beef for later use, and making spaghetti noodles.

It's worked great for all three of those and let me do other stuff while the pressure cooker did its thing.

RCR06
AG
I've used my Insta pot 3 times in two years. Not because it doesn't work well or the end product wasnt good. Rather I just forget about it a lot. My goal is to use it at least once a month from now on.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.