Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

Restaurants in Florence/Tuscany

2,194 Views | 16 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by m.stat
FancyKetchup14
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Looking for advice on any personally recommended spots in that area. Will be there in early-mid July.
SpiderDude
AG
https://www.mypremiumeurope.com/travel-news/tuscany-holidays/top-restaurants-florence.htm
Belton Ag
AG
Olive Garden
FtBendTxAg
AG
Maggianos
C@LAg
Sine poena nulla lex.
0708aggie
AG
Pensavo Peggio in Florence. Hands down the best food while I was over there. Been to Florence 2 times and ate there 4 times. The truffle ravioli is amazing.
0708aggie
AG
Also, make reservations. The spot has 10-12 tables.
Lucky Jack Aubrey
AG
Il Latini
UTExan
Recommend you go to Lucca and visit inside the walled portion of the city on foot. Many small places there to dine there on the streets and the scenery is wonderful in July. Lots of Brit and German tourists.
FancyKetchup14
AG
My man. Went last night and was not disappointed. Thank you!
CyanideJenkins
AG
If you're still in Florence, go to Osteria Pastella.

Order the Tagliatelle flamb or the Ravioli di patate. You won't be disappointed.
FancyKetchup14
AG
Noted. I'm leaving Florence tomorrow but will be close by the next 3 nights. Just gonna do day trips to small towns in Tuscany.

Went to All'antico Vinao for a sandwich today. Holy sh*t. I got transported to another dimension.
CyanideJenkins
AG
If you're into gelato, Gelateria Dondoli in San Gimignano was the best of all the ones I tried. It's right on the town square. I consumed an inappropriate amount of gelato, espresso, vino, and pasta while I was in Tuscany last fall.

Go check out Siena for sure! I liked it better than Florence.

The Pilot
AG
Don't eat gelato from places that have it displayed in mounds. The locals told us to go to places where it's still in the canisters.
FancyKetchup14
AG
The amount of gelato I've had is quite honestly embarrassing. I've been in Italy for over a week now and I'm pretty sure I've had it every day and more often than not, twice a day.

Best I've had so far is here in Florence - La Carraria.

God bless this country.
DPlainview
AG
Ristorante Buca Mario - bistecca alla fiorentina. Thank me later.
SACR
AG
Have you tried granita?
---------------------------------------------------
"Now you're suggesting uncleanliness during a viral outbreak? What other great ideas you got Typhoid Mary[?]"

jamey, 3/13/20

-------------------------------------------------

"They log into each other's accounts and post. They probably are two different people but that doesn't matter much when you log into other peoples accounts."
m.stat
AG
If you are near Castiglion Fiorentino (near Arrezzo) the best restaurant we tried during out trip last year was Ristorante Da Muzzicone. Small family restaurant with the best gnocchi and bistecca fiorentino I've ever had. We were there during our daughter's study abroad. The Viz/Architecture students stay in that town.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.