Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

Twin Liquors Dollar Sale

5,129 Views | 18 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by SpiderDude
Bulldog73
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Their dollar sale is being advertised for next weekend from Thursday, Feb. 28-March 2.

As previously talked about in previous years, their best deals are on higher priced drinks. The cheap stuff doesn't have big margins. Also, beer is typically not included here.
MookieBlaylock
AG
Excellent

Gonna get some proper 12
bushytailed
AG
Yesssss
Austintm
I like browsing the Dollar Days, but in doing some price comparison the past couple of times I've found that the markdowns get most of their stuff to about what Total Wine charges regularly. Agree that the deals get better the higher end you go.

Twin's wine pricing is terrible, and the Dollar Days makes it pretty obvious. On regular pricing, a high-end wine is $40-50/btl higher than what you can get from the winery. Examples: they had Seven Stones for $250, then marked down to $205 for Dollar Days (winery price is $200). Herb Lamb was $190 for a $150 bottle. Notre Vin was $140 for a $100 bottle. Their wine prices have huge markups compared to even Total WIne.

For Dollar Days get there on Thursday, because there are limited numbers of the better stuff.
HTownAg98
Some of that depends on the pricing from the wholesaler. There were wines that I'd bought in the past at the dollar sale that I don't buy anymore, primarily because the wholesale price went up, but the retail price didn't change, so the discount isn't as great.

I use the dollar sale more for liquor.
FbgTxAg
AG
I'm here so someone will bump this thread and remind me on Thursday!
bushytailed
AG
Reminder bump - This starts tomorrow.
AlexSAWineguy
AG
Our Twin's allow you to fill a basket on Wednesday so you get a jump on the "Sale".
A2
Ducks4brkfast
AG
Hoping to get a good deal on Monkey 47
bushytailed
AG
What kind of deals are y'all finding?
Bulldog73
AG
I got a bottle of Four Roses Small Batch for $25 and a bottle of Flore de Cana (?) 7 year run for another 25. Both were about $5 off their regular price. And better than the swill I typically drink.
Furlock Bones
AG
Sixdrakes
AG
EH Taylor Small Batch and Makers Mark Cask Strength for $31
SpiderDude
AG
stocked up!!! Bulleit Barrel Strength, Hudson Baby Bourbon, Wild Turkey Rare Breed Barrel Strength, Rowan's Creek, Balvenie Caribbean Cask...and that's just the whiskey! Also got Pernod Absinthe (the high proof) and Green Chartreuse for about $20 less (each) than normal.
SpiderDude
AG
bushytailed said:

What kind of deals are y'all finding?

They had Angel's Envy Barrel Strength for $160. Its normally over $200. On most stuff normally over $50 a bottle you'll save $15-20.
AggieBarstool
Disappointed I missed it.
aggielax48
AG
PSA, Dollar Sale starts again today.
GarlandAg2012
AG
Sigels doesn't do a dollar sale in DFW when Twin Liquors does, does it?
Redstone
AG
Bushmills Black Bush for me - drank in 2 days
SpiderDude
AG
I used the sale this time around to get a few items on my bar supply list. Unfortunately I didn't go until Friday and most of the really good stuff (bourbon wise) was long gone by then. I did grab the Maker's CS for $31 which is a smoking hot deal. Saved about $20 on Yellow Chartreuse. Grabbed a Russell's Reserve SB. The rest I bought was just restock but saved me some money on it for sure.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.