Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

Mom's Pantry

6,075 Views | 41 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by mike073
rilloaggie
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Update:

Since I made this original post, I bought a house, have a new job, bought a new truck, survived a global pandemic, have a 16 month old, and the gang is still together in my mom's pantry. Photo taken Thanksgiving 2022.

superunknown
AG
This reminds me, I have some cinnamon I bought at a Safeway in Denver in 2006.
bmc13
AG
I've been trying to organize my spices over the last year, figuring out dishes to cook to use some of them, consolidating the same type, etc. I've also settled on Fiesta as my main source and am slowly switching over to them as I use up other ones I have. They always have great flavor and I also like the clean look of similar containers and love the size that Fiesta comes in.
fav13andac1)c
AG
I cleaned out my mom's pantry recently and she had two unopened cans of baking powder, both expiring in 1999! They survived four moves and were old enough to graduate college, get married, and have kids.

She was shocked when I threw them away. She was also perturbed when I threw away an unopened bottle of chocolate syrup that was old enough to drive.
Beckdiesel03
AG
Well did you end up tossing the trio or leaving them for another year??
rilloaggie
AG
I left them be. I plan on fighting my two younger brothers for them in the inheritance battle one of these days.
mike073
AG
rillo- the offer still stands!
Gig 'em Aggies!

Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.