Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

Looking for a stand mixer? really good deal on Amazon right now

2,514 Views | 23 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by aggiespartan
schmendeler
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
the kitchen aid lift-bowl mixer is on sale for $219 if you don't mind red, black, or silver.

normally $450

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01LY7MCVK/

aggiespartan
AG
Quote:

• 6-Qt. stainless steel bowl with comfortable handle offers enough capacity to mix dough for 13 dozen cookies.

Maybe 13 dozen very tiny cookies. Good mixer though.
schmendeler
AG
True
Matsui
AG
Are there any negatives to this mixer?
schmendeler
AG
I mean I'm sure you could find some. I've had the tilt head one for 12 years and it was a refurb and it's been flawless. This was such a good deal and my wife doesn't like messing with the tilting head with our cabinets that I bought this one.

I follow Stella Parks on Twitter and she's the one that brought my attention to the deal. Her saying that it was worth getting was mostly good enough for me.

https://www.seriouseats.com/editors/stella-parks

(Chick knows her baking)
BigAg95
AG
We love ours. Great for any kind of baking , and we've gotten plenty of use out of the pasta, meat grinder, and sausage casing attachments as well
docaggie
AG
We've had ours for five years or so.
Thing is an absolute tank.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
HTownAg98
schmendeler said:

I mean I'm sure you could find some. I've had the tilt head one for 12 years and it was a refurb and it's been flawless. This was such a good deal and my wife doesn't like messing with the tilting head with our cabinets that I bought this one.

I follow Stella Parks on Twitter and she's the one that brought my attention to the deal. Her saying that it was worth getting was mostly good enough for me.

(Chick knows her baking)

Pick up her cookbook too. I've yet to have a failure from her book.
schmendeler
AG
HTownAg98 said:

schmendeler said:

(Chick knows her baking)

Pick up her cookbook too. I've yet to have a failure from her book.
that's why I am following her now. I saw her videos on youtube with serious eats, and got the book on prime day when they had a discount. haven't cooked anything yet, but it's one of the best, most interesting cook books I've read.

I put it up there with food lab, and meathead's grilling/smoking book. not a bad trifecta for the modern home cook.
Sorrell Booke
Deal looks to be off now. Item showing as unavailable.
schmendeler
AG
Sorrell Booke said:

Deal looks to be off now. Item showing as unavailable.

It was a deal of the day. The day is over! The red one was $294 when I looked this morning. But the black was $400+.
schmendeler
AG
Made the brownies from Brave Tart yesterday with my new mixer. Pretty great. I did the "danger" variant. You trim off the outside edges and chop them up into small pieces. Then you toss them in ganache and top the remaining brownies with them.

HTownAg98
That's just wrong.
schmendeler
AG
How so?
HTownAg98
They look deadly. Like I'd have to eat the entire pan by myself deadly.
schmendeler
AG
Ah, gotcha. Yeah they definitely don't align with any currently recognized idea of a healthy lifestyle.
Zemira
AG
Those look yummy. If you are going that far off the diet I would add caramel and pecans and turn them into a turtle version.
schmendeler
AG
Zemira said:

Those look yummy. If you are going that far off the diet I would add caramel and pecans and turn them into a turtle version.

Not a bad suggestion, but I personally don't like either one of those.
aggiespartan
AG
schmendeler said:

Zemira said:

You don't like caramel? I just made whiskey caramel to go along with a dark chocolate whiskey cake last week. It was a big hit at the husband's office.
schmendeler
AG
I'm 50/50. It's not bad in bread pudding but I don't like it when it's a very prominent.
Zemira
AG
At least you like chocolate even if you don't like caramel and pecans.

So I guess that means no pralines or homemade turtle clusters?
schmendeler
AG
Zemira said:

At least you like chocolate even if you don't like caramel and pecans.

So I guess that means no pralines or homemade turtle clusters?
no thanks.
Sazerac
AG
The negative is some of the attachments don't work with it. The bowl pour spout thing, the paddle with the spatula, etc. this is because the bowl is slightly different than the other 6qt models. It was made for Costco and sams. Etc.

That part has been a total pita....
Wicked Good Ag
aggiespartan said:

schmendeler said:

Zemira said:

You don't like caramel? I just made whiskey caramel to go along with a dark chocolate whiskey cake last week. It was a big hit at the husband's office.

Can you tell me more about the dark chocolate whisky cake ? My wife loves dark chocolate and this is something I know she would be interested in
aggiespartan
AG
Wicked Good Ag said:

aggiespartan said:

schmendeler said:

Zemira said:

Can you tell me more about the dark chocolate whisky cake ? My wife loves dark chocolate and this is something I know she would be interested in
Very easy cake to make. Don't over mix it - the batter will be quite liquidy. It's a very moist cake. I substitute the coffee for the warm water. Use high quality cocoa. Hersheys dark will be ok, but the better product you use, the better the cake will be.

chocolate whiskey bundt cake
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.