Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

Worst thing you've ever cooked?

3,624 Views | 42 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by Boiling Denim
cajunken
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Wife and I went on a three-day "de-tox" diet. One of the breakfast meals consisted of quinoa, chopped granny smith apple, and plain almond milk. I got three bites down, which was two more than my wife.
aggiespartan
AG
I've completely messed up macarons a couple of times. They were totally unrecognizable.
BackwardsInBoots
AG
I made a lemon meringue pie, but ran out of sugar after making the filling. We had splenda, so I decided to use that for the meringue. I didn't realize that you needed about 1/4 as much splenda as real sugar. The meringue was so sickeningly sweet that it was inedible.
Sooner Born
I cooked a chili a few weeks ago for a chili cookoff at a brewery. I cooked it the day before and when I put it in the fridge to chill for the night, it was delicious. So naturally, when I started reheating it the next day, I added a bunch more **** to it, burned the bottom of the pot and have forever turned a crowd of Minnesotans off of the idea of Texas chili. It was so bad. Like dog **** in a flaming bag bad.
SACR
AG
Sooner Born said:

I cooked a chili a few weeks ago for a chili cookoff at a brewery. I cooked it the day before and when I put it in the fridge to chill for the night, it was delicious. So naturally, when I started reheating it the next day, I added a bunch more **** to it, burned the bottom of the pot and have forever turned a crowd of Minnesotans off of the idea of Texas chili. It was so bad. Like dog **** in a flaming bag bad.
Did you undercook the onions?
Sooner Born
SACR said:

SACR
AG
Sooner Born said:

SACR said:

Not a fan of The Office?

BlueSmoke
Chronicles of a young hunter in college

Chicken fried backstrap for the first time
Never soaked it after harvesting or preparing to cook. Didn't do much other that place in freezer bags. Thawed out to cook.
Upon frying the pan became a mess of oil, soggy breading, and blood.
To offset the soggy breading because the oil was not hot enough by cranking up the burners. Now they are burning, but so fast that they are both burnt....and soggy....and still slightly bloody.

Nobody cares. Work Harder
Boiling Denim
SACR said:

Sooner Born said:

SACR said:

Not a fan of The Office?

Funny enough this is actually my submission

After watching the Binging with Babish episode over Kevin's recipe I tried it myself

It went horribly wrong. I guess the dried chilis I picked were ultra bitter and the quick blanching I did wasn't enough. It was like eating a bar of soap that had been marinating overnight in battery acid.

My other disaster was early in my cooking days and trying to make mahi mahi. The filet I got looked like brain and smelled like it too. The time between my first bite and the bathroom to vomit was probably 30 seconds
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.