Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

Finally visiting Snow's BBQ

3,480 Views | 11 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by mslags97
Cannon Crew Ag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I'm finally getting the chance to go to Snow's this weekend since it's the bye week and I'll have time for it. For any of y'all who may have been recently, has all the buzz/line situation calmed down a bit since the Texas Monthly list was released, or is it just as busy as ever? I'm also planning on trying all the meats, so if y'all have any recommendations on what they do better, or when to show up so that I can ensure I get to try everything before they run out, I'm all ears.
Matsui
AG
Get there early. Right when they open. Have it for bfast.
agfan2013
AG
The lines haven't died down, get there early. Really early.
Cannon Crew Ag
AG
Good to know. I know they open at 8, so would getting there by 7:30 be good, or are we talking even earlier than that?
agfan2013
AG
Most likely even earlier than 7:30 if you want to ensure they dont run out of anything. Have a buddy whose brother went twice and the line was incredibly long even though he got there before 7.

On the top 50 bbq thread on this board here is a page with two posters who have been recently Link
Slicer97
AG
Take an empty ice chest and an old blanket or towel. Get however many pounds of meats you want unsliced. After they wrap it and bag it, wrap it in the blanket/towel, put it in the chest and keep the lid shut. You'll have piping hot bbq for lunch without having to reheat it.
PFG
AG
7:30 is absolutely not early enough. Heard from a friend who arrived at 6:30 to a looooong line. They still got to eat, but I wouldn't take my chances.
lazuras_dc
AG
Got there at 8 in July and they were out of chicken and pork ribs by the time we got to order. Id get there at 7 at the latest, bring a chair, and a cooler.

I can't stress this enough you ABSOLUTELY have to try the pork steak.

Theres a top 50 BBQ thread on here somewhere you can find recent wait times at different places. Also post your pics and review after you go. Have fun!
Cannon Crew Ag
AG
Thanks, I hadn't thought to do this, but will definitely be taking some home in the cooler.
mslags97
AG
lazuras_dc said:

Got there at 8 in July and they were out of chicken and pork ribs by the time we got to order. Id get there at 7 at the latest, bring a chair, and a cooler.

I can't stress this enough you ABSOLUTELY have to try the pork steak.

Theres a top 50 BBQ thread on here somewhere you can find recent wait times at different places. Also post your pics and review after you go. Have fun!

Behind the brisket at Franklins, the pork steak at Snows is my favorite BBQ menu item. Amazing!!!! Cannot stress this enough. Best thing at Snows, and it's not even close!
evan_aggie
AG
I can't believe people have to line up that early. I can't tell you how many times (more than a year ago) that you could get there at 9am and not have a ridiculous wait.

Oh well.

I have to admit: the Terry Blacks in Austin on Barton Springs is VERY consistent and very good given the proximity to me and lack of a wait.

Na Zdraví 87
AG
Used to get bbq at Snow's years ago when we took cattle to the sale barn down the street. Not anymore. Sold out by the time we get there now. And no, not waiting in line.
mslags97
AG
I went to Snow's 5 times on the last 2 years, and I always got there between 8:30-9, and never waited more than 20 minutes. Awesome every time, so I am sad as well that there is such a wait. Such a cool place to go on a CS football weekend.

Terry Black's is my go-to when I need a quick and great BBQ fix. They have been so consistent every time I have gone. Great brisket every time!
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.