Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

Best sauce for chopped BBQ sandwiches

2,286 Views | 23 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by Jack Klompus
AgsMnn
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Having a party tomorrow and using my frozen cooked briskets in the freezer for chopped sandwiches.

What's the best sauce for this?
Farmer1906
AG
I like to mix franklins Texas and Vinegar sauces.

Only sold at HEB.

ww
AG
I'm also a fan of using a mix of Texas and Carolina style sauces.
Ag MD 84
AG
HEB "Texas" flavor sauce is my go-to for beef and chicken---nice and peppery.
schmendeler
AG
I tend to find sauce on a sandwich overpowers the meat, so I'd say something thinned out that doesn't already have a bunch of liquid smoke and molasses.
AgsMnn
AG
Wanting to keep it simple.
Chopping it all up and putting it into the crockpot to warm up.
rhoswen
AG
Keep it plain and offer Stubbs on the side if they want it. That way each person can control how much sauce they get, if any at all. And you can get different flavors of stubbs, also allowing choice. Boom, everyone's happy.
Cancelled
AG
Salt lick has the best sauce, imho.
keysercade
AG
HEB brand, buy them all and let the people decide on the side.
ConstructionAg01
AG
I like Franklins best all around, but would grab Salt Lick original for chopped beef sandwiches if I saw it first.
ConstructionAg01
AG
And since you brought up the subject, what do you like on chopped beef sandwiches? I find that mustard and pickles are near mandatory.
Tanya 93
On chopped BBQ chicken sandwiches I like pickles and pickled red onion and carrots.
Tailgate88
AG
ConstructionAg01 said:

And since you brought up the subject, what do you like on chopped beef sandwiches? I find that mustard and pickles are near mandatory.

Mustard? Yellow mustard?
normaleagle05
AG
Tailgate88 said:

ConstructionAg01 said:

Mustard? Yellow mustard?

Turmeric sauce/spread can hardly be called mustard. In spite of the lies told by America's mass food manufacturers.
TennAg
ConstructionAg01 said:

I find that mustard and pickles are near mandatory.

I don't think that's correct...
/norm
GSS
"Little Pig", found at HEB. Not a super sweet sauce, and vinegar is the first ingredient.
Little Pig BBQ sauce
FIDO*98*
AG
queso1 said:

Salt lick has the best sauce, imho.

Salt Lick sauce is too binary for a party. You either love it or hate it. I think it's disgusting

Ingredients: Soybean Oil, Cane Sugar, Distilled Vinegar, Prepared Mustard ......that's a vinaigrette, not bbq sauce......., Worcestershire Sauce (Vinegar, Molasses, Corn Syrup, Anchovies, Water, Onions, Salt, Garlic, Tamarind Concentrate, Cloves, Natural Flavorings, Chile Pepper Extract), Salt, ...
ConstructionAg01
AG
Yes, yellow mustard. That and the pickles balance a sweet BBQ sauce perfectly.
SACR
AG
rhoswen said:

Keep it plain and offer Stubbs on the side if they want it. That way each person can control how much sauce they get, if any at all. And you can get different flavors of stubbs, also allowing choice. Boom, everyone's happy.
And chop up a loaf of Italian bread into small pieces, to use to dip into the sauces so people can sample the variety and decide what they want.
SaltwaterAg17
AG
+1 on Franklins Vinegar
normaleagle05
AG
OP, next time try reheating to an appropriate temperature before chopping said frozen briskets and then use the rendered beef fat for the sauce. If there is none....buy better beef.

Hot water in a cooler will reheat to an appropriate thermal destination in a few hours.
Ag_07
AG
I use this stuff I found at HEB.

schmellba99
AG
For an easy to get off the shelf sauce, I'm a fan of Stubb's. A few different variations, none of them are particularly overpowering if you don't go nuts with the application. I like the spicy most of the time, but occasionally the sweet really does the trick.

On a chopped beef sammich - just enough sauce to get an ever so light coating on the meat after stirring it in, a little on the bread and some sliced japs and I'm a happy camper.
schmendeler
AG
Ag_07 said:

I use this stuff I found at HEB.

I like their chicken and pork one.
Jack Klompus
AG
Head Country
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.