Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

Duck

1,376 Views | 6 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by aggiespartan
aggiespartan
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
What are some good side items to go with duck breast? I'm planning on doing the duck in the sous vide and then getting a nice sear on it.
biobioprof
I think you want something simple that will contrast with the richness of the duck.

Kenji serves his sous vide duck breast with steamed greens.

http://www.seriouseats.com/2013/08/we-test-the-new-low-price-sansaire-sous-vide-ciculator-from-modernist-cuisine.html

Asparagus is showing up in stores here.

Not so much sides, but Duck is often combined with some kind of fruit, e.g. Duck a l'orange. There are lots of recipes out there with cherries or berries.

Still have any blood orange from that cake?
aggiespartan
AG
biobioprof said:

I think you want something simple that will contrast with the richness of the duck.

Kenji serves his sous vide duck breast with steamed greens.

http://www.seriouseats.com/2013/08/we-test-the-new-low-price-sansaire-sous-vide-ciculator-from-modernist-cuisine.html

Asparagus is showing up in stores here.

Not so much sides, but Duck is often combined with some kind of fruit, e.g. Duck a l'orange. There are lots of recipes out there with cherries or berries.

Still have any blood orange from that cake?
Oranges are all gone, but I think I'm going to do a blueberry shallot sauce with it. I may just keep it simple with some roasted potatoes.
schmendeler
AG
Cabbage. Like sweet and sour. What I think of as German style.
Van Buren Boy
AG
I like the roulade recipe in the French laundry cookbook. The duck is paired with creamed corn and a morel sauce.
AggieChemist
AG
mashed potatoes with duck gravy.
chilidogfood
AG

More witches!
aggiespartan
AG
The serious eats sous vide duck recipe did not disappoint. I had the heat up a tad bit too high on the skin, though, but it wasn't too burned. High on our big burner is like super mega high.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.