Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

Bolners in San Antonio

6,156 Views | 41 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by Texasgrunt
jgh85Ag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
How do you swing RD?
jswags
AG
Used Uncle Chris' tonight. I'm a big fan of the chicken rub. My spice cabinet looks like the Bolner's section at HEB minus the BBQ shrimp seasoning. I need to find some of that.
mike073
AG
JSW - unless you live over in East Texas or Louisiana you will have a hard time finding the River Road BBQ shrimp seasoning. It is on our website, however. You can use the Seafood Seasoning which has somewhat wider distribution as a close substitute.
Gig 'em Aggies!

jswags
AG
Thanks Mike. I'll check out the website.
Texasgrunt
AG
I found the BBQ Shrimp Seasoning at Bozos Seafood in Pascagoula. Thought it was funny that I had to go to Pascagoula to buy shrimp seasoning made in Texas. But it is great. Need to find a more local source in East Houston. Any ideas?

Also, AWESOME to find out I was inadvertently supporting an Aggie!

And, FYI, if you take it through the line at TSA they have to do some swab tests on each bottle. More incentive to find it locally.

Any way to buy it in bulk? We eat a lot of shrimp.
WTF95
Shopped there once. Rude ass guy assisted me and I think he was the owner. Never went back. And wouldn't recommend.

mike073
AG
Grunt - thanks for looking around. The River Road is marketed in East Texas and Louisiana. Glad you were able to find it.
Gig 'em Aggies!

Texasgrunt
AG
Yeah, the old guy is crusty. It's a bit noisy at busy times and I have a hard time hearing (he does too, I'm sure). Kinda reminds me of the soup nazi. But the food is pretty dang good and the other folks there are really nice. I got fussed at once and so I just yell my order to him now. That seems to work.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.