Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

Stuffed jalapenos

2,112 Views | 5 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by coppag92
TheWorldMovesForLove
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
https://www.dousaflavor.com/flavor-pantry/100936

Help an Aggie out - I mean, jalapenos stuffed with cream cheese and wrapped in bacon. These chips would taste amazing! And it's the kind of chip flavor that is built to last! Please click on the link and click on "I'd eat that!"

I make mine in the oven, and can't get enough of them! Making some today for the game!

Thanks and Gig 'em!
Aggiehunter34
S
Done
MichaelJ
AG
I voted. But I'm more curious how you make those chips. Unless you're talking about your stuffed jalapeos in the oven.
JYDog90
AG
I voted. Yours is about the only ones I would eat!
FIDO*98*
AG
I've made them deep fried with a spice blend of Hoosier Hill Farm* Cheddar Cheese powder from Amazon, McCormic ground jalapeno, & bacon salt

Have fryer ready to go at 350. Peel potatoes and slice into rounds. I cut them about 1/4" thick more like part French Fry, part potato chip. I'll blanche them in a pot of water simmering with about a Tbls baking soda added. Remove just shy of tender and dry completely with paper towels. Add to fryer without overcrowding. When they are crisp out of the fryer, I toss them with my rub made from what I listed above. If you wanted just a crisp potato chip, you could just slice the potatoes thin and omit the boiling water stage.

*Hoosier Hill also makes cream cheese powder and sour cream powder. I've never tried them, but, I've been tempted to experiment

After reading this thread I'm kinda pissed at myself that in never occurred to me to submit to the Lays contest. I think OP could have a winner with that one
TheWorldMovesForLove
AG
Haha, thank you! I'm hoping I win something! I didn't realize before, but apparently the top 10 win money!

Thanks for the vote!
coppag92
AG
Yeah, I heard about this contest.

I really would eat those OP has!
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.