Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

BBQ in NYC?

2 Views | 8 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by Quinn
gigemags87
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Anyone have good experiences with any of the NYC BBQ joints like Mighty Quinn's, Fette Sau, Hill Country or Blue Smoke?
BSD
AG
Hometown is really good, but it's in Brooklyn.
Whoop04
I ate at blue smoke the last time I was there. It was good, but don't expect BBQ the way you would here.
BurnetAggie99
http://www.delaneybbq.com
BMX Bandit
Why?
Bruce Almighty
AG
op, do you live in New York? Are you spending a lot of time there? With the gazillion great restaurants there, why have something that won't be as good as what you get in Texas.
BurnetAggie99
Delaney BBQ is Central Texas style BBQ and the owner studied under Wayne Mueller and he also got shawdow Aaron Franklin.

It's good BBQ and if it was in Texas would be Top 50 worthy by Texas Monthly
BurnetAggie99
http://www.texasmonthly.com/food/bbq-snob-takes-manhattan-a-visit-to-brisketlab/
Martin Cash
AG
Hill Country is owned by a family originally from Lockhart. It serves Lockhart style BBQ and actually sells Kreuz sausage.
Quinn
AG
Delaney BBQ is great - I probably have about 20 koozies from all my visits there when I lived in New York. Started going there when it was still order ahead by the pound and only open a few weekends a month. Love that place and would put it up against very good Texas spots.

Hill Country's meat is just okay, but the sides are good, and they have Blue Bell, which can be a Manhattan rarity.

Mighty Quinn's is decent. I'd put it above Hill Country, but not close to Delaney. Still kinda irked that they wouldn't give me free bbq when my name is Quinn.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.