Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

Whats in your wine cellar?

1,286,926 Views | 10525 Replies | Last: 1 day ago by Orozco05
cecil77
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
We still have the Dom bottle from our wedding reception (one mom followed us around with it in hand). So coming up on 37 years...
EclipseAg
AG
Per our earlier discussion of cab franc, wine.com has four remaining bottles of Lang & Reed's 2021 cab franc available for purchase.
Objective Aggie
AG
Started yesterday with a little Perrier Jouet (per the Texags connoisseurs' consensus).

Onto the Mansion where we enjoyed a half bottle of Cakebread Chardonnay because (1) uhh, pace yourself and (2) sentimentality as this was the first real Chardonnay I ever had back in the 90s.

The Ritz then kept pouring their house branded champagne (I swear someone told me it's from Rothschild but things started to blur together).

Dinner with The Mascot at The Knife restaurant.

Amazing day. Amazing wine to celebrate. But more importantly an amazing woman.

QBCade
AG
Objective Aggie said:

Started yesterday with a little Perrier Jouet (per the Texags connoisseurs' consensus).

Onto the Mansion where we enjoyed a half bottle of Cakebread Chardonnay because (1) uhh, pace yourself and (2) sentimentality as this was the first real Chardonnay I ever had back in the 90s.

The Ritz then kept pouring their house branded champagne (I swear someone told me it's from Rothschild but things started to blur together).

Dinner with The Mascot at The Knife restaurant.

Amazing day. Amazing wine to celebrate. But more importantly an amazing woman.

Excellent & congrats!
WestUAg
AG
Congratulations Objectice, you guys look great! And lots of great food and wine to commemorate the special day!
ATL Aggie
AG
Congrats!

How was the Mascot? What vintage is that, I cant quite make it out?
Jock 07
AG
Found this while looking for beer today at one of my local spots. This winery was close to me when I lived on the central coast recently but never made it to the winery before I left. It was 1/2 off so I grabbed it. Wouldn't call myself an aficionado by any means but I think it's pretty solid.
Chipotlemonger
AG
Congratulations
QBCade
AG
Happy Wed. Met a friend that is also a wine snob

'97 and '01 are the best Maya I've had.

Frankly, the Backus wasn't far behind either.
Chipotlemonger
AG
This is a nice St Emilion. Get a fair amount of tomato leaf on the nose and palate, and I get a little bit of green pepper on it as well. A softer wine with streamlined tannins.

BSD
AG
After 5 weeks, it finally arrived. Well, it actually arrived about 11 days ago but they sent it in the wrong venting configuration so it had to go back to be modified. I'm going to let it sit overnight and then install tomorrow.

HTownAg98
The dog looks concerned.
BSD
AG
HTownAg98 said:

The dog looks concerned.

Our delivery guys give her treats so she may be searching for more. Very food motivated dog. Runs in the family.
bularry
Jock 07 said:

Found this while looking for beer today at one of my local spots. This winery was close to me when I lived on the central coast recently but never made it to the winery before I left. It was 1/2 off so I grabbed it. Wouldn't call myself an aficionado by any means but I think it's pretty solid.

they make a good and consistent quality pinot. It is a burly, richer style, but well made from good vineyard sources.
QBCade
AG
Happy Sat all.

Daytona22
AG
Arietta is fantastic
WestUAg
AG
Celebrating my wife's birthday in Vegas tonight!! Great bottles.
WestUAg
AG
Not pictured Ruinart rose. Also delicious
QBCade
AG
How was they Phelps Eisele? Eisele Cab is one of my favs.
Chipotlemonger
AG
Cheers to y'all.

I'm on an Anderson Valley kick this week. Long Meadow Ranch rose and Handley Pinot over the last few days.

The Long Meadow Ranch rose has a definite savory component to it. When the wine opens up it is quite nice and a change of pace from the prototypical rose of Pinot noir. The Handley is made more for people that like the "forest floor" aspect of Pinots when they get it, along with more subtle fruit.
WestUAg
AG
Still had a lot of fruit left and plenty of acid. Plenty of years left ahead of it
BSD
AG
WestUAg said:

Happy birthday to Mrs. West U!!! Y'all have fun out there.
BSD
AG
My great friend and old business partner tied the knot last night in Mexico so we took a bottle down to celebrate with them.

BigAg95
AG
Looks like you guys all had some nice bottles this weekend!

We decided to get into some Syrahs last night. We started with a 2019 Myriad Las Madres syrah. I really enjoy that wine young, but it seems to just dull with age rather than get better. It was still enjoyable, but the over the top fresh fruit flavors were pretty much gone and there wasn't much there in its place, and not much acidity. I suppose it could just be in a "dumb" phase, but this one is better than the 2017 and 2018 versions I've had in the past year, so to me a steady decline seems to be a trend across vintages of this wine.

For our second bottle, we opened a 2016 Rotie Cellars Syrah, and it was amazing. Lots of fruit up front,but balanced by some earthy notes and savory black olive, very well integrated tannins for a more viscous mouthfeel, nice acidity and a long finish. I wish I had more of that one!
bularry
BSD said:

WestUAg said:

Happy birthday to Mrs. West U!!! Y'all have fun out there.
Happy birthday and those are Great bottles!
Orozco05
WestUAg said:

Very cool!
First Page Refresh
Page 301 of 301

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.