Bill Anders. Apollo 8 RIP

911 Views | 3 Replies | Last: 2 mo ago by aggiese72
rackmonster
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
https://www.cbsnews.com/news/william-anders-former-apollo-8-astronaut-dies-plane-crash-washington-state/

I was in the 9th grade when they circled the moon. So awe inspiring. Perhaps that was the first inkling that pointed me towards Naval Aviation. I'm sure there are many more like me.
Hey Nav
AG
I was 10 years old when Apollo 8 happened. I watched everything available on the TV networks.

Coincidentally, I had just a few days ago texted one of my daughters and my granddaughter - they were in Portugal, and I lived 3 years as a kid in the Azores. There is a quote by Frank Borman from Apollo 8... "My only regret is that when I flew around the moon, I wasn't drinking Mateus."

It's something I always found as unexpected that Pete Conrad , after all his space time, died in a motorcycle accident. Now , Bill Anders - in a plane crash.

Such is life...
CanyonAg77
AG
There's video of the plane hitting the water after a steep dive, or at the bottom of a loop.

Ninety years old and died flying a 1950s high performance military trainer. Lots of worse ways to check out at age 90
aggiese72
AG
I was so fortunate to meet General Anders in 1966 when I was in high school. Such an amazing person. RIP General Anders!
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.