Base/Post Haircuts

1,553 Views | 9 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by themadmatter
rgleml
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Fort Worth JRB NAS barber shop have raised their prices from $11.15 to $15.30 in the last four months. Now there are places just as cheap outside the base and closer to my house. Did all of the military installations raise their prices this much?
CharlieBrown17
AG
Maybe other people have had better luck than me, but I've never had a halfway decent cut on base
bigtruckguy3500
Went from 11.25 to 12.00 in the Hampton roads area in July. Think it was 10.50 a few years ago, but I can't recall for sure.

Base haircuts are hit or miss for me. Sometimes they're outstanding, sometimes I feel like I would have been better off shaving my head. Most of the time they're reasonable.
UTExan
Oster makes decent hair clippers for about $ 30.00
It is better to light a flamethrower than to curse the darkness- Sir Terence Pratchett
“ III stooges si viveret et nos omnes ad quos etiam probabile est mittent custard pies”
OldArmyCT
AG
After my 20 I kept my hair about the same but civilian barbers were hit and miss, my wife told me to start going to her hairdresser so I did. Still going. $40 once a month, she's nice, she's funny, she tells dirty jokes and my wife quit complaining about my lopsided haircuts. Some things are worth the money.
Pro Sandy
AG
Bahrain had the best when I was there. $5 and included a shoulder rub at the end.

Diego Garcia is free, but it's a long ways to go for a haircut.

Stateside, I just let my wife cut it.
CharlieBrown17
AG
The views aren't bad either

aggiematt07
AG
15 here in San Antonio. I just go to local place near my house for the same price
Dirk Diggler
AG
Fort Leavenworth has a work program with a few selected inmates from the US Disciplinary Barracks. It's located next to the Command and Staff General College's Lewis and Clark building. $5 haircut, $7 haircut w/ straight razor fade. They are all licensed barbers and constantly booked. Definitely a thrill to take a peek at their posted barbers license and see what they are locked up for. I think the AAFEES barbershop down the road on Leavenworth charges $15.
themadmatter
All of the DC area post barber shops are in the $15-16 range now.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.