Rouge Warrior Cmdr Richard Marcinko

1,340 Views | 2 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by Dark_Knight
usmcbrooks
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Passed away yesterday, rest in peace warrior.

https://www.navytimes.com/breaking-news/2021/12/26/richard-marcinko-first-commanding-officer-of-seal-team-six-dies/
Aggie12B
AG
I met Dick Marcinko twice. The first time was in 92 or 93 when he was in College Station doing a book signing for his first book "Rogue Warrior." The second time was in 2013 at Bethesda Naval Hospital, when I was a patient at the National Intrepid Center of Excellence. He was pretty cool. He was a real live American BadASS who walked the walk.
RIP Demo Dick

I also had the pleasure of meeting the first person Dick Marcinko chose to be a member of SEAL Team 6, Michael Thornton. He EARNED the MOH as a Petty Officer Second Class in '72 and had the award presented to him in '73. He retired as a Lieutenant in '92.
Dark_Knight
AG
Lol...
"William McRaven, the retired Navy SEAL admiral who oversaw the raid that killed al-Qaida leader Osama bin Laden and followed Olson as SOCOM commander, was once relieved of command by Marcinko over a clash in leadership styles, according to a biography"
Because I'm Batman!

Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.