Cannon AFB (Clovis, NM)

1,427 Views | 4 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by bco2003
aznaggiegirl07
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Hello,

Anyone stationed or know anyone stationed here?

I will be moving here soon, no start date yet (contracted civilian).

Was wondering good housing placessingle female so looking for somewhere safe yet affordable.

Thanks!
CanyonAg77
AG
I'm not sure I can encourage you much. Never was a fan of Clovis. You might expand your search to nearby Portales, it has a small college so likely more temp housing.

Commuting from a town 20 miles away will be quicker and less stressful than 2 miles in a big city

Also, post on the Panhandle board, as Clovis is just across the state line
aznaggiegirl07
AG
Thank you, I will look into it.

Honestly, not looking forward to moving to Clovis, but this position will give me the experience I need to advance my career, so that's why I'm doing it.
CanyonAg77
AG
West Texas and Eastern New Mexico people are generally pretty friendly folks, so there is that. And if you are into outdoors stuff, you're a quick drive from a lot of cool areas in Northern New Mexico, such as Red River

The plains have their own wide open beauty, but it is an acquired taste.
Martin87
AG
We have some friends that are in Clovis that I can get you in contact with....just PM me and I will send contact info.....

My son also knows a few pilots stationed there and I can get you in contact with him also...
bco2003
AG
Most of the nicer places to stay are on the eastern side of the city, opposite to the AFB. But even from there, it's less than a 20 minute drive to the front gate.

Are you looking for an apartment, renting a house, or purchasing one?

If apartments, I believe these are some newer ones in town: https://www.raintreeclovisnewmexico.com/ I can't speak to the quality though.

I no longer live in Clovis, but have family that does and visit them several times a year. Let me know if you have any other questions.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.