Video: Old Guys & Their Airplanes

1,718 Views | 3 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by Stringfellow Hawke
tsuag10
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
This is a 7 yr old video that I wasn't aware of before now, so I thought I'd share it here.

Rich Hall is my uncle. He married my Dad's sister. He is from South Dakota, where they still live today. He and my aunt met when he was stationed down here in TX, I think.

I always knew that he flew in combat and that his plane was hit during a mission. But because of the geography of them being in SD and us in TX, we didn't really talk about Vietnam when we did have the chance to get together.

I'm definitely proud as hell of my Uncle Rich. Enjoy.

F4GIB71
The Sandys did an invaluable mission. God bless them. Below is a link on Bernie Fisher's amazing mission where he landed on a runway in the middle of a fire fight to pick up a downed pilot. Lucas in the transcript was my Ops Officer later on. Lot of heroism to go around with all of them but Bernie was awarded the MOH

https://skyraider.org/skyassn/fisher/fishermoh.htm
12th Man
AG
This is wonderful. I have suspicions this great guy wouldn't say "sh_t" if he had a mouthful, but what a tough dude.
FBG_Ag78
AG
Blue parachute for your Uncle Rich
Stringfellow Hawke
AG
tsuag10 said:

This is a 7 yr old video that I wasn't aware of before now, so I thought I'd share it here.

Rich Hall is my uncle. He married my Dad's sister. He is from South Dakota, where they still live today. He and my aunt met when he was stationed down here in TX, I think.

I always knew that he flew in combat and that his plane was hit during a mission. But because of the geography of them being in SD and us in TX, we didn't really talk about Vietnam when we did have the chance to get together.

I'm definitely proud as hell of my Uncle Rich. Enjoy.

Where in South Dakota? My Dad was born and raised in Aberdeen.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.